Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crabulon500
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't use search option in Tidal

Jump to solution

Shouldn't ROKU have a vested interest in making sure 3rd parties supply them with apps that actually work properly? 

It seems strange for the official response to be to say "Not our problem" when ROKU must already have a better channel of communication open with Tidal (or whichever 3rd party) than customers would.  I understand that ROKU can't fix a 3rd party app themselves but I see no reason they can't put them on notice that their app isn't working properly. 

Joshs5000

Jump to solution

Great point. This is not a customer centric approach. Roku should ensure apps work properly and work with major app providers to this effect. Without good content Roku is of limited value. 

0 Kudos
Perseus68

Jump to solution

The only way to get around this for now is play the song or video on your phone/computer app and then go to recently played on Roku app. I am sure they will fix soon.

Crenelman

Jump to solution

Search on one of your other devices, save it and it will be on your Roku. Just have to be a two-fisted Tidal user!

Kissmybug
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the workaround.  👍. The paranoid side of me thinks this has to do with search entries being gobbled up and stored by various entities.  Maybe Roku wasn’t playing along?  Time to play some music……. On my turntable 😁

0 Kudos
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue here and it's very annoying. We shouldn't have to search on another device. Why do they not care more about their customers? Tidal isn't cheap...

Crabulon500
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Great point.  I'm currently on a 3 month trial for $2 but if I was paying full price I would have canceled pretty much immediately based on the broken search function.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@K_N_S @Crabulon500

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further regarding their channel's features and functionality.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I get that. Same with an issue we have with a app logging us out every day, but seems like Roku would light a fire under them since their customers aren't happy.  🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
Crabulon500
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As stated previously, it seems very strange that Roku doesn't have a better channel of communication with the companies whose apps they host than we do as random individual customers.

Are you saying you that you don't have any requirements or rules regarding the functionality of the apps you agree to host?   You'll host any old app even if it is completely broken and lacking basic functionality?  Again, very strange approach.

0 Kudos