Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmoses
Channel Surfer

Can't use search option in Tidal

Jump to solution

When in my Tidal app, I can't use the search option. When I scroll over it, the Tidal app closes and goes to the Roku home screen.  I've removed the Tidal and reinstalled it and the issue is still there. I have Tidal on other devices and I don't have this issue.  Help please 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't use search option in Tidal

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Cmoses-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?  If you don't clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cmoses
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'll try that! Thanks

0 Kudos
BIGMONTING

Jump to solution

Hi, did you find a way to resolve this? I ran into the same problem. I tried the uninstall, restart tv, reinstall method but still didn't work.

0 Kudos
Cmoses
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried the resolution above but it still doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Prense01

Jump to solution

Same here...

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cmoses
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey Danny! I have several different devices with Tidal on it and Roku is the only on with this issue.  Can you give me something to try first? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cmoses

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further regarding their channel's features and functionality.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rxmzt786
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was the search button working before? I just downloaded tidal and im seeing the same issue 

0 Kudos