Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wild_Ideas
Reel Rookie

Can't unlink NBC app to Roku

I have the opposite problem - cannot unlink old TV provider from NBC Roku app so I can switch providers. I've done it for my android phone and my laptop, but in Roku have tried uninstalling, restarting the Roku system, then reinstalling, but nothing changes - the logo of the old provider is still there. When I try accessing some of the content, I get error messages that seem to say the account is not authorized, which is understandable, since that account no longer exists.

NBC's support menu doesn't even offer an option for getting help with linking, so I just picked something that was on the menu, and the support person who contacted me, amazingly, was confused. I emailed back about no way to pick that as an option and explained the unlinking problem, but I've yet to get a resolution to this problem. I've decided the app just sucks and I can live without streaming NBC. The app should have an option built in to change providers, or Roku needs a way to universally change providers for all TV network apps.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't unlink NBC app to Roku

@Wild_Ideas

Thanks for the post.

As a last resort, you could try removing the channel from your device. Then trying to perform a factory reset on your device. Then trying to add the channel back to your Roku account and seeing if it prompts you to re-authenticate the NBC channel with your credentials.

However, please be aware that when you factory reset your Roku device, all previously authenticated channels on your Roku device will as a result also need to be re-authenticated as well.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue of authenticating the channel, you'll want to contact NBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't unlink NBC app to Roku

@Wild_Ideas-

While in the NBC app, click on the "more" link at the top of the page.

Select "My Profile".

On that page you can unlink from your currently-listed TV provider, then link back to a new one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X