Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slgaggia
Reel Rookie

Can't open any channel, kicked back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, been having trouble with a roku premiere device, can't access any channel at all: anytime I try to open a channel (tried Crunchyroll, HBO Max, Disney+, plex) the splash screen shows up but then I'm kicked back to homescreen.

I've already tried restarting the device, restarting the connection, restarting the modem,  removing the channel and adding it back and even factory reset but the problem persists. I have another roku but that one is working just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix it or what could be happening?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't open any channel, kicked back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We recommend performing manual system updates by going to Settings>System>System update>Check now.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Jolu727
Reel Rookie

Can't open any channel, kicked back to home screen

Jump to solution

it happens to me too. I have 2 stick 4k and both I can't access the channels  disney+, plutotv, HBOmax and Directv GO

Chelo81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here

Tags (1)
Javiervargas
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens the same to me with disney+ and Hbomax. Amazon prime opens but you can't play any title.

No tech support from roku. These devices are so obsolete

0 Kudos
jununez84

Jump to solution

The same problem. Disney+, Crunchyroll don't open. Regarding with Netflix and Amazon I can sign in but don't let me play any videos

Bad customer service from Roku

Flood
Reel Rookie

Channels not loading (Disney, HBO), Netflix and Amazon loads, but gives error message

Jump to solution

Since yesterday all of my channels stopped working.

Disney and HBO returns me to the start screen.

Amazon and Netlfix loads, but gives an error when trying to see anything

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channels not loading (Disney, HBO), Netflix and Amazon loads, but gives error message

Jump to solution

Hi @Flood,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. What was the error message when attempting to stream the channel? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flood
Reel Rookie

Re: Channels not loading (Disney, HBO), Netflix and Amazon loads, but gives error message

Jump to solution

Hi,

on Disney and HBO+ it sends me back to the homescreen without any message.

on netflix gives me error tvq-pb-101

and on Amazon Prime it says “try again later”

My internet connection is fine. I’ve already restart the device and delete and reinstall the channels.

I have 3 roku streaming sticks in 3 different TVs, all have the same error and behavior.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.

I understand that you are having an issue while accessing multiple channels. Please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Flood,

Thanks for following up.

We would recommend rebooting both your wireless router and restarting your Roku device again.
Restart your router

To restart your router properly, you may need to review instructions from your internet service provider (ISP) or router manufacturer. In some cases, you can simply unplug your router and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device. For help, visit the website of your ISP or router manufacturer, or contact them directly.

Restart your Roku device

To restart your Roku device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos