Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wondersis
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

Thank you soo much gor figuring this out for us!

0 Kudos
MarkF
Binge Watcher

This is resolved for me now.  One one roku of mine the log in screen came up and I was able to log in.  Another one was about to be replaced with a New Ultra; after installing it, it automatically plugged in my NEW HBO Max account rather than my old HBO account.  

What a clusterf...

I'd blame it on HBO for their terrible decision to 1) create three types of HBO's, and 2) wait so long to deliver it to Roku.

0 Kudos
Drea520
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue and my regular HBO has been canceled for months now. 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
Drea520
Reel Rookie

Did you ever get a response on how to use the AT&T subscription on Roku through ? I'm not going to resubscribe via Roku for something I already have. 🤦‍♀️

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Channel Surfer

Never had an HBO account with Roku. Still can't find a sign-out option on the HBO Max app.

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

@Jahoolie333 wrote:

Never had an HBO account with Roku. Still can't find a sign-out option on the HBO Max app.

On the home page of HBO Max I see three icons at the top of the page. The FOUR (4) SQUARES ICON that will open a pull out menu for categories of content, a MAGNIFYING GLASS ICON for search and a CIRCLE ICON that indicates the current profile selected. If you select the CIRCLE ICON you should see a list of items that you can scroll through from left to right as follows:

• My Profile
  • Parental Controls
  • Closed Captions
  • Continue Watching
  • Help
  • Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  • Privacy & Terms
  • Info
  • Sign Out

SIGN OUT is at the very end of that list and not viewable when you first enter the page. DO NOT SELL selection is the last one I see until you keep scrolling to the right.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Binge Watcher

Hey there @Jahoolie333 thanks for the deets but your HBO max app has way more options to choose from in ‘circle’ icon (looks like a person to me:) than in my app.
When I click that icon I am offered only the following:

CCaptions

Help

Don Not Sell...

Privacy & Terms

Info

So not only can none of us get clarity on how to login to this bleepin app, but we all aren’t offered the same content in it and I scrolled left and right till I couldn’t. No sign in/out for me after info. ???? My issue remains that the only option for a tv provider I have to choose in order to login to this app is AT&T and my HBO Max subscription is through ATT TV Now (their internet tv service) I asked in an earlier post if this was #ROKU, #HBO or #AT&T’s fault but it’s #HBO’s app. They or #ATT, or together in some joined up scheme are clearly not offering all possible login options for their current subscribers across platforms in which an HBO Max subscription is available. Looks like they are trying to get people to resubscribe so they can cash in. And with #Roku hosting this bum app...well, let’s not rule out what cut they might get if people subscribe through the Roku HBO Max app. 

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

@Madlenka8 wrote:

Hey there @Jahoolie333 thanks for the deets but your HBO max app has way more options to choose from in ‘circle’ icon (looks like a person to me:) than in my app.

I think you were responding to my reply. If you are limited to those options it sure sounds like you are not signed in. So, the option to switch profiles and sign out would likely not be there. I have HBO Max access from my AT&T Wireless plan, so there was an option for AT&T when I choose sign-in with Mobile or TV Provider. I can't recall now if I saw an AT&T NOW option as a TV Provider as I was scrolling.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Binge Watcher

@blade_005 thnx! I thought I was replying to what jahoolie posted. Regardless there is no #AT&T TVNOW option to sign in. As I’ve said there is only AT&T and while I have an AT&T phone and internet bundle, those login credentials cannot be used to verify that I have an HBO Max subscription. I pay for ATT TVNOW separately and that is where my HBO Max subscription lives. Not in my phone/internet bundle. So until #ATT, #HBO and #Roku whichever ones responsible or all of them, broaden the ways in which subscribers can login into this app, it’s a useless purple square on my Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
Jahoolie333
Channel Surfer

Used the "Peter" user from the old account. Used the Sign Out and the app crashed. Reinstalled and the old account info was back. Issues like this baffle me. Is it my hardware, wifi, the app, Roku? I've already canceled  My plan was to use the Roku account this month then sign up for the six month deal before it expires next month.

Thanks very much for your assistance and support.

J.

0 Kudos