Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyc79
Channel Surfer

Re: Fox News Channel free preview expired and forced repetitive login logins with my provider

We have 3 Rokus (in living room, my mom's bedroom, & mine. Have been having the same issue on 2 (I don't watch Fox News on mine that often so don't know if the same thing is happening). I tried JBird's suggestion for both living room & my mom's bedroom yesterday. It seems to have worked for the living room (turned it on this morning & no issues). But my mom still had the same issue on her's this morning (free preview expired and had to login AGAIN). Both those TV's have the Roku streaming stick + (I believe). I don't know if it's a Roku or Fox News issue. I sent a Twitter & FB message to Fox News about it, and an email. Of course, I haven't gotten any response.

JBird
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News Channel free preview expired and forced repetitive login logins with my provider

I had to clear the cache, history, etc. after I got it to work on my #1 TV before going to #2 tv.  If you haven’t done that, try it.   It worked for me.   Our device history stores that first credentials login & that will have expired when you go to the 2nd device.   These TV’s shouldn’t require this, but whether it’s a flaw or whatever, it worked.

Harbisgirl
Reel Rookie

I cleared the cache and cookies but not my browsing history - I need that for work. It isn't working. I Fing hate this FoxNews app, it's so glitchy. Every week there is some new bug and we have to sit around and wait for them to get around and fix it.

nyc79
Channel Surfer

I agree. When we first got the Rokus for the living room and my mom's bedroom a few months ago, it was great. There were hardly any issues, and she liked it. We reduced our cable package to just basic (only includes local channels) because the monthly payment was becoming absurd. We use the Rokus to stream cable away from home using the cable provider in our vacation apartment (where it's included in the monthly maintenance). My mom has become very aggravated at how she can't watch Fox News and even CNN now, without being kicked out every couple of minutes and having to login again. She's even considering putting back her cable here and willing to pay more to watch everything without these problems.

Kanderson20
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t connect to foxnews

Roku features a live stream of the Fox News cable feed.  The free viewing period will end after a period of time and you must login with your provider.

0 Kudos
Kanderson20
Reel Rookie

I hear you!  It is so frustrating!

0 Kudos
baglady

help. Cannot connect

0 Kudos
MnTX
Channel Surfer

Roku is not a provider, they are the platform. If you don't have cable or satellite, you will need to subscribe to a provider that includes Fox News, (e.g. Sling, Hulu)

0 Kudos
carjcr

right on1  what a big rip off!  we were greatly misled by Roku or we would never have signed up

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@carjcr

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos