Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leka0024
Channel Surfer

Can't cancel Paramount Plus from free trial sign-up on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Here is the sequence of what happened:

1) signed up for a free trial via the P+ app on my Roku TV, using my Roku account. Great, worked fine.

2) decided I wanted to cancel. Went to P+ website, but no matter what I try, when I attempt to log-in with my Roku account email and password, the website won't recognize it. I click "forgot password" multiple times, but the link never came.

3) the P+ website allows me to sign-up for a new account using the exact same email address as my Roku account. It doesn't say anything like "an account already exists for that email". So I sign-up through the website using that email address.

4) now I have an account on the P+ website with that email and a password I know, but every time I sign-in it tells me I need to select which free trial I want to start. So if I do that, it's going to be another account, not the one I signed up with on Roku TV.

5) on the P+ app on Roku TV, I had signed out of whatever account was created with the free trial sign-up (which I did not have a password). So now, I can't sign in with that account anymore, because if I put my email address it must be pulling up the account I made on the P+ website, because the (Roku TV) app again tells me I need to pick which trial I want to start.

6) my Roku account page says I do not have any subscriptions under the account.

Meanwhile, my credit card is being charged for P+.

I filed a request for support with P+ online 2 weeks ago, no response. Their customer support is clearly a joke.

Is there any way out of this absurdity?? It feels like I need to tell my credit card to dispute these charges. Anyone had any luck with that?

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leka0024
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't cancel Paramount Plus from free trial sign-up on Roku TV

Jump to solution

The situation has been resolved.

Roku support agent was very helpful, but ultimately Roku offered no help in the matter. Disappointing. Threw the issue at Paramount.

Luckily, Paramount support did come through. They were able to identify that the account was created under a completely different email address than the one I have in my Roku and for my Roku account, which is preposterous. So I was then able to to cancel the account, though they would not offer a refund for the charges incurred already.

End of the day: Do NOT sign up for services on your Roku. Go to the companies website on your computer. Much easier anyway.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
leka0024
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Contacted Roku support, and they confirmed my account shows no subscriptions.

Agent asked for a bunch of details about CC info, device serial number, etc. Said they will escalate, find the charge, cancel the subscription and refund the charge.

Now let's see if that actually happens.

Why wouldn't the Roku account capture the subscription in the first place?? This is still something broken.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @leka0024

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
leka0024
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The situation has been resolved.

Roku support agent was very helpful, but ultimately Roku offered no help in the matter. Disappointing. Threw the issue at Paramount.

Luckily, Paramount support did come through. They were able to identify that the account was created under a completely different email address than the one I have in my Roku and for my Roku account, which is preposterous. So I was then able to to cancel the account, though they would not offer a refund for the charges incurred already.

End of the day: Do NOT sign up for services on your Roku. Go to the companies website on your computer. Much easier anyway.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That's interesting.  Was the email an address you recognized? Or was it more like: customer18454484@roku.com?

0 Kudos
leka0024
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, it was an email address I use for other accounts (not Roku). Hypothetically, it's possible I signed up outside of Roku for a streaming subscription and then used that email to login on Roku, and therefore Roku stored this email? I don't get it, though. If I'm signing up for the service on Roku (TV at that, the most clumsy of the interfaces to do that with the TV remote) then why wouldn't it default to the email address of my Roku account??? Anyway, issue resolved now. Thanks

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Or maybe you have more Roku accounts than you realize? 

0 Kudos
leka0024
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I thought of that and tried logging into Roku with that email. Didn't get it to go, so did forgot password and the email never came. I think that's as close as I can get to confirming there is no account with that email.

Fair suggestion though! Thanks for your replies!

0 Kudos
pbail
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also cannot cancel paramount plus channel after free trial. Roku account does not show that I have a subscription, however, they continue to bill me. Paramount plus confirmed to me that the channel was signed up under ROKU account. However I am getting no help from Roku customer service. They wanted me to screeen capture my credit card statement and send to them to prove I am being charged. I refused citing security risk to send that type screen capture. 

Can anyone help me from ROKU? The agent I spoke to was given the serial number of my device and everything, but to no accord. I was on the phone with her for a half hour!

leka0024
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You will definitely need to provide that screen shot of your credit card statement. That is how they (Roku and/or Paramount Plus, most likely the latter) will trace it on their end to the account. That's how it worked for me. I understand your aversion to the risk, but sending it on email to their official tech support email account should be secure. Good luck!