Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack3109
Reel Rookie

Can't add channel with code

Jump to solution

Will you please add KiddoodleTV to my Roku device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can't add channel with code

Jump to solution

If it's not in the channel store, then you cannot add it. Roku removed the ability to add channels by code entries several months ago. It was only intended for Beta testing, but was being abused by adult and pirated material channels, many of which even charged subscription fees. It was replaced by a proper Beta test system with limited user counts and a limited time frame.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If it's not in the channel store, then you cannot add it. Roku removed the ability to add channels by code entries several months ago. It was only intended for Beta testing, but was being abused by adult and pirated material channels, many of which even charged subscription fees. It was replaced by a proper Beta test system with limited user counts and a limited time frame.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jack3109, KidoodleTV is in the Channel Store.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2f240c7bf36da86f15e491008bc69473/kidoodletv-safe-streaming

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Looks like it was a spelling issue. Should be 1 D, not 2.

0 Kudos