Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Disney Plus channel – region is incorrectly set to Mexico instead of US

Jump to solution

I'm trying to add Disney Plus to 'My Channels' but it doesn't come out when I search it. I have the Express Plus and I should be able to download it - but it doesn't appear.

I tried getting it through the app and it said it's not available in my region - which is set to Mexico. I don't know why, I'm in the US. How do I change my region?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't add Disney Plus channel – region is incorrectly set to Mexico instead of US

Jump to solution

@Monialyssa96 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim and @Michelle3 mentioned, it sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider.

You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

You can reach Disney Plus support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
103 REPLIES 103
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant add disney plus To My Channels

Jump to solution

If your region is set to Mexico, then that's probably the problem.  How did you discover that?  I wouldn't even know how to check my region.  The only way to fix it may be to factory reset your Roku and link it to a different email address.  You'd lose any subscriptions you have that are paid through Roku, so that may not be desirable.  Maybe if you send a private message to @RokuDanny-R  he can help you get it switched to a US account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Because in Mexico, we probably do not have Disney Plus. Maybe if you factory reset your Roku, and change your region to United States, that might fix the issue.

You might need to contact @RokuDanny-R or another Roku worker to see where we have Disney Pllus.

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't add Disney Plus channel – region is incorrectly set to Mexico instead of US

Jump to solution

@Monialyssa96 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim and @Michelle3 mentioned, it sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider.

You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Monialyssa96 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim and @Michelle3 mentioned, it sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

Thanks,
Danny

All other solutions that you made might fix his/her issue, too.

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The only regions that Disney Plus is available in are currently United States and Canada.

~Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Michelle3 wrote:

The only regions that Disney Plus is available in are currently United States and Canada.

~Jordan

That's not accurate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%2B

"Disney Plus debuted on November 12, 2019, in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. The service was expanded to Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico a week later, and expanded to select European countries on March 24, 2020. It became available in India in April through Disney's Hotstar streaming service which was rebranded as Disney Plus Hotstar. Further expansions are planned for Europe and Latin America in mid 2020, as Disney's existing international streaming distribution deals with competing services expire. Upon launch, the service was met with positive reception of its content library, but was criticized for technical problems. Alterations made to films and television shows also attracted media attention. Ten million users subscribed to Disney Plus within its first day of operation. The service had 60.5 million subscribers as of August 4, 2020."

https://www.roku.com/blog/disney-now-available-on-roku-streaming-devices-in-the-uk

"March 24, 2020 - The moment we’ve all been waiting for has come – Disney Plus has arrived in the UK & Ireland, and it’s available on select Roku streaming players and Roku TV models!..."

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020/03/24/disney-expands-into-europe/

"Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models) in the UK and Ireland from today, and France from 7th April"

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Michelle3 wrote:

~Jordan

That's not accurate:

"Disney Plus debuted on November 12, 2019, in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. The service was expanded to Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico a week later, and expanded to select European countries on March 24, 2020. It became available in India in April through Disney's Hotstar streaming service which was rebranded as Disney Plus Hotstar. Further expansions are planned for Europe and Latin America in mid 2020, as Disney's existing international streaming distribution deals with competing services expire. Upon launch, the service was met with positive reception of its content library, but was criticized for technical problems. Alterations made to films and television shows also attracted media attention. Ten million users subscribed to Disney Plus within its first day of operation. The service had 60.5 million subscribers as of August 4, 2020."

https://www.roku.com/blog/disney-now-available-on-roku-streaming-devices-in-the-uk

"March 24, 2020 - The moment we’ve all been waiting for has come – Disney Plus has arrived in the UK & Ireland, and it’s available on select Roku streaming players and Roku TV models!..."

"Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models) in the UK and Ireland from today, and France from 7th April"

@StreamerUser 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on Roku in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Michelle3 wrote:

~Jordan

That's not accurate:

My bad. I thought it was only available in United States and Canada. I guess I was wrong. So thanks for correcting me.

~Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@StreamerUser 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on Roku in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks! I promise to be aware that channel availability and access on Roku models will vary from region to region.

~Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos