Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manfrintomson
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't add Disney, HBO max, And Prime video to my roku channel

Jump to solution

I have the same problem cannot see these Premium channels

What a piece of Junk. Microphone doesn't work,

only Netflix can be installed of the big three,

Channels can't be searched ( no option to do that) even though the online help says so lots of other weirdness

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@manfrintomson you provided no information that we can assist with. What model Roku device do you have? Where are you located (in the US, or some other location)?

From your description, I have a hunch you aren't in the US. Channel availability is based on your location, and it's not something that is controlled by Roku. Each channel provider controls the location and the model Roku device that their channel will be allowed on. Roku cannot override those settings made by the channel provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
manfrintomson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sounds like you are trying to avoid answering the question are hbo max and Disney plus available in Europe more specifically Denmark in my case answer the question please

It's not like these are just any old channels

Disney plus has more subscribers than Netflix for one and they work fine on android devices and in pcs

If this is not available outside US this is a complete deal breaker and I want my money back!

manfrintomson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As it says in my post I am in Denmark I have a streaming stick 4k

Of course the channels available in Rokus list are controlled by Roku who else???

When you then try to load the appnin question it might complain but hbo max and Disney plus work in Denmark Just not on the Roku device

If you don't want or can't get these channels to work so be it but then I will return it

atc98092

Jump to solution

OK, you answered the question. I wasn't avoiding anything, as without knowing your location no answer could be offered.

The only places in Europe that are supported by Roku themselves is the UK, France and Germany. All other countries have limited access to Roku channels. Again, Roku doesn't control that. Disney has total control over where Disney+ is available. It doesn't matter if it's available on a different platform, such as Android devices (which Roku is not one of, by the way). Disney has to explicitly make it available on Roku devices. 

Channel developers have settings within the Roku channel store that tell what countries their channel is available, as well as which specific Roku models their channel can be used on. If someone sold you a Roku claiming it was supported in Denmark, they were either misinformed or simply lying. If you purchased the Roku from a Roku web site, you didn't fully research your purchase. 

Dan

0 Kudos
manfrintomson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What is this nonsense bought it outside supported region, is Europe in the middle of nowhere now?

I bought my Roku stick in a large nationwide computer shop not some fly by night operator

It is Roku that for some unfathomable reason doesn't offer hbo max, prime video and Disney plus

And from the support answers they probably don't want this generally know because the sales of the devices would go down

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I've answered your question, you just aren't happy with it. No, Roku themselves do NOT control where channels are available. They offer the platform, and 3rd party providers add the content. Roku only provides two channels themselves: The Roku Channel (available only in the US and Canada) and Roku Media Player (available anywhere, for playing media from a DLNA server or a USB attached storage device).

Every other channel (app) on a Roku device is provided and controlled by a 3rd party. Only those channel developers can make a channel available in a specific geographical region. Roku cannot and will not override those settings made by the channel developer. Roku is NOT blocking you from installing HBO Max, Prime Video or Disney+. It is the channel providers (HBO, Amazon and Disney) that control that availability. 

Dan

0 Kudos
manfrintomson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Research my purchase ?? What kind of BS is that? This is not the 1980s this is 2022 If YOUR product has a limitation as to three of the biggest streaming providers in the World its YOUR job to inform the customers!

This is like discovering that you can only see the full web if you're in Germany otherwise some Roku redacted subset

The very least Roku could do is warm the customer before opening the package that only one of the four most important streaming services is available outside selected locations or even after purchase

What a piece of **bleep** product, it's going back tomorrow!

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@manfrintomson 

You seem to be missing the point that Roku is NOT the one choosing to prevent the apps from working. It's entirely up to the developer (Disney, Amazon, etc.) where the service is available on the Roku platform. Roku is NOT the one stopping it from working.

Having said that, Roku may not be for you. After all, Roku is not sold in your country. You had to import it. That's a big clue right there. But, yes, you should probably try to return it and purchase something that's actually sold through proper channels there, and not imported.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jhjoanne

Jump to solution

I am in Canada and I don’t see prime video or Disney hon on my Roku ultra

i only have prime video FYC and that’s not it this is trade channel

0 Kudos