Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pema

Re: Can't add Disney, HBO max, And Prime video to my roku channel

Jump to solution

That is NOT the solution.

Disney, HBO, Prime video all work in my country, but I can't install them on roku.

So ROKU is the problem here!

I'm probably returning the device since this is useless to me.

Gerardzero

Jump to solution

Same, i feel cheated. Bummer

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gerardzero 

You do realize that it's not Roku that's stopping the apps from working. Roku devices work wherever the developer says they can work. For Disney, that's Disney. For HBO Max, that's HBO. For Prime Video, that's Amazon. They made the determination for their Roku devices to not work, not Roku.

But yes, if you're outside a Roku supported region, it's probably not a good idea to import a Roku. Or buy from someone who imported outside official channels.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

According to the HBO Max availability page (https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001289)

I have access to HBO Max from my country (Bolivia) but I can't add HBO Max channel neither from the Roku device nor from the Roku website

renojim

Jump to solution

@davidcallizaya, until Roku adds your country to the ones that they support or HBO opens their Roku channel/app to the entire world there's nothing that can be done.  I suggest you look for a streaming device that's actually supported in your country.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrsgrant
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. I have subscriptions for all of these streaming platforms and they ALL work perfectly fine on my Xbox, phones, tablets, and other smart tvs. But I can't find any of them on my roku tv. That seems like a roku problem to me.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @mrsgrant

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us in what region you are located? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@mrsgrant wrote:

I have the exact same problem. I have subscriptions for all of these streaming platforms and they ALL work perfectly fine on my Xbox, phones, tablets, and other smart tvs. But I can't find any of them on my roku tv. That seems like a roku problem to me.

It doesn't matter that those channels work on other devices. Roku does NOT control the locality that channels are available. That is under the sole control of the channel developer. Roku does NOT develop the channels for 3rd parties. Netflix, Disney, HBO, and the other providers: those are the companies that control where there channel is available on Roku devices. Roku themselves can NOT override the settings of the developers. Since Roku devices are not officially supported in every single country, it's unlikely that a developer will make their channel available in an unsupported country. 

What countries are officially supported by Roku? Go to the main Roku.com web page, and at the very bottom is a link to open a selector to choose a country. As of today, this is the official list:

North America
Canada (English)
Canada (Français)
United States

Europe
France
Germany
United Kingdom

Latin America
Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru

Asia Pacific
Australia

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mrsgrant
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D , I'm located in South America. Additionally, my roku tv has NO Search bar. I literally have to scroll until I find channels I'm interested in downloading. This tv had such good reviews now that I bought it I'm super disappointed. 

( TCL 55" Class 4 Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Roku Tv- 55S455)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@mrsgrant

Thanks for the reply.

The post of @atc98092 above might help. We suggest checking it out.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos