Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syellen
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't Preview in FF or RW for Spectrum

Jump to solution

When I fast forward a recorded show in the Spectrum App, I don't see 'preview images' and therefore can't tell when I am past commercials or at the point in the show I want to see.  My understanding is that this works for AppleTV with the Spectrum App.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@syellen unfortunately, there's nothing Roku can do about that. Spectrum is the provider of that channel, and they are solely responsible for the functionality of it. Roku has no control over how it works. You need to express your opinion and functionality requests directly to Spectrum. I couldn't find a specific link to Spectrum support for their Roku channel, but you can start on their basic support page: https://www.spectrum.net/support

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
syellen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If that is the case, why would the Spectrum App work with AppleTV?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@syellen wrote:

If that is the case, why would the Spectrum App work with AppleTV?

Programmed in a completely different language, quite possibly by different programmers. You can't compare apps on different platforms, even if they look identical. Apple TV runs on a version of the iPhone OS, while the Roku OS is a highly modified version of Linux, and all programming is done with something called BrightScript. There's no compatibility between the two, so a completely different app.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jerryd1

Jump to solution

I have decided to switch to Direct Stream since their App will allow you to see the program as you fast forward a recored program.I have wasted so much time trying to figure where I am in the forwarding process. For some reason Spectrum cannot figure out how to do this. The direct stream works with the Roku.

0 Kudos