Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

@Sillybeagles 

For what it is worth, I kind of always look to see if the subscription is available through Roku first.  Nice to just have everything organized under the Roku account where you can just cancel and manage them in one place.  Also, one email in case any billing issues.  

It would probably be a nice feature if the Channel developers and Roku were able to detect multiple Subscriptions to alert users they were already subscribed.  Even a "Proceed Anyway" option would work. This would probably help with some of the confusion when signing up for new users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Sebastian3

Re: Can't Log-in to AcornTV on Roku despite paying for subscription through Roku.

Same same same same same it goes on & on! Paid for acorn through roku & now no access, no Acorn available on roku channel. You are stealing our money!

Still can’t access acorn through Roku channel! 3 days trying now, ready to swap out roku for firestick or any other streaming device!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Does your subscription show up when you check at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TheresaHP

Yes my subscription shows up on my Roku account, but when I go to that AcornTV app under Roku on a TV that is not in my home it’s as if I have never had Acorn.  The Acorn support says it can be streamed on up to 4 devices.  The App won’t let me login it says my email does not exist.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheresaHP,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the Acorn TV standalone or through The Roku channel? 
Please be noted that existing subscriptions from The Roku channel cannot be used to view premium content on a Standalone channel or directly from the publisher.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support at https://support.roku.com/contactus  

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ooeemusic
Reel Rookie

Re: Acorn TV not working. Error “Access to this resource is forbidden by access policy.”

Did anyone ever figure this out?? Mine is doing the same thing. I tried canceling my subscription, removing the channel, putting it back and resubscribbing...nothing. I was watching it fine just a half hour ago! 😡

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Acorn TV not working. Error “Access to this resource is forbidden by access policy.”

Hi @ooeemusic

We're sorry for the experience – this is not what we aim for.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried that yet, we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again

If after attempting the suggestions above, you are still getting the error message from one channel while other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves.

You can reach out to them here: Acorn TV Support

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rtcompt
Reel Rookie

There is no "Acorn TV on the ROKU" that I can find anywhere among the apps for ROKU.  The only app is "Acorn TV", and it will not allow me to view Acorn programs even though I am paying through ROKU.