Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired Error

Hey @TCManager

Thanks for the post.

Could you confirm to us the name of the channel where you are experiencing the issue? Please also try the suggestion I provided in my post above then see if that will make a difference.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TCManager
Reel Rookie

I click the Roku channel, wait for it come up.  "Free" is where I go.  To show how bad the problem is, I go to "continue watching" such as "Cold Case".  Obviously, I have viewed many in this series and may have viewed part of the previous episode that I would like to continue viewing however, when I click to continue viewing the "Can't access program/is not available or has expired" comes up.  I may wait a few days and choose that program again and the very same episode which previously said "Can't access program/is not available or has expired" may load continue where it left off but then during the first round of commercials the message appears again and will not come back up.  As I stated, I have followed the "fix" steps recommended more than once but the problem continues.  No matter which type of program line I choose, the same message appears at least 50 percent of the time.

0 Kudos
TCManager
Reel Rookie

To state the problem again.  Last night I clicked on the Roku Channel and chose the "Dramas" line.  Clicked on the first three programs, all three responded with "Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired".  I then chose "Trending Now" and clicked on the title "Holiday Engagement".  "Retrieving" then I clicked "Play". At that point the screen blanked out and went back to "Play".  I clicked "Play" four times, the program kept returning to "Play" each time.  The next choice was to restart Roku.  I then clicked on "Featured" choosing the first program.  "Can't Access etc." came up.  Then chose "War Movies", clicked on the first program, then "Can't etc." came up again.  I then chose "Continue Watching".  Wonder of wonders the program actually began!  Then the "Ads" began, 1 of 4 at the top left.  At the end of 3 the screen went blank.  Clicking return brought back "Continue Watching".  What continued were Ads, not the same Ads but now 1 of 5.  At Ad 4 the screen went blank.  This continued 6 times with new Ads each time.  The show never returned.  It would seem Roku wants to make sure Ads play but not programs.  It also seems that Roku has a "planned obsolescence" program in place for older Roku units. What is apparent is that Roku is making no attempt to "fix" this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TCManager

Thanks for the post.

As requested in a previous post, can you please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID and Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings System About)
-Channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TCManager
Reel Rookie

Nothing suggested works.  I've provided the information requested a second time.  There has been no response on how to "fix" the problem.  Clicking 5 times then another 5 times does nothing but return to the home page.  No matter what category or program is chosen, the message appears.  I have no other choice but to believe that Roku has no intent to resolve this issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TCManager

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku HD is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Npw6

Re: Showtime: "Is not available or has expired" Error

My roku still shows "not available/expired" even after removal -> restart -> re-add. We JUST purchased our roku. Can't watch anything on roku channel? Please advise. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Showtime: "Is not available or has expired" Error

@Npw6

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you able to play content on other channels? Are you trying to watch Showtime within the Roku channel or directly on the Showtime channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bellringer
Reel Rookie

All shows on older Roku boxes etc.. : "Is not available or has expired" Error

The roku channel do not work anymore on older units 2020 up it works ok on. 
it crashing usually happens after ads . Movie plays fine for 10 mins then Error accrues, any movie or show this happens. The Roku channel is the only channel (app) this happens on. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: All shows on older Roku boxes etc.. : "Is not available or has expired" Error

Hey @Bellringer

Thanks for reaching out!

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos