Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigaroo2

Can not watch season 10 of Homestead rescue thru my discovery plus subscription

Jump to solution

Why is season 10 of Homestead rescue not loaded on my subscribtion thru Roku.  It is not on my menu nor on my computer.  The season started Feb 28th and I realize streaming is not live but I would think one episode would be up by now, please advise. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SnapsQT

Re: Can not watch season 10 of Homestead rescue thru my discovery plus subscription

Jump to solution

After 3 + hours I figured out how to watch season 10 Homestead Rescue  (limited options)

I watch discovery+  2 ways

thru the Spectrum app off my roku.  

Or 

Discovery + off my roku

I could not get season 10 on the discovery + app directly 

I had to go into my Spectrum app on roku

Use the back/close button til the on demand option shows at the top. 

Using roku

Spectrum app

On demand option

This allowed me to only watch season 10 episodes 3 & 4

Hope this helps 

I will say... 

This is extremely irritating having to use this option because I have to watch commercials.  (It's the no. 1  reason I pay for discovery +, no commercials)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can not watch season 10 of Homestead rescue thru my discovery plus subscription

Jump to solution

@SnapsQT for the win! Thanks for providing an awesome workaround.

We're going to let our friends at Discovery+ know. Closing this thread for now, please reach out to Discovery+ directly for any other content issues. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tigaroo2 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us how are you accessing Discovery+? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone Discovery+ app? Please let us know. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jaromsmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not the original poster but my wife is having this exact problem. She's trying to access through the discovery Plus app on Roku and it only shows through season 9

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jaromsmith 

Thanks for the reply.

For clarification, is it the standalone Discovery+ installed on your Roku or the Discovery+ through The Roku Channel? Could you send us a photo of the channel where you're experiencing the issue from the Roku home screen? 

We'll keep an eye out for your response. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jaromsmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know which it is. I am not the TV watcher in my household. I took some pictures, but I can't figure out how to attach them in this godawful UI from my phone. I don't see any way to attach an image.

0 Kudos
jaromsmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

20230320_092917.jpg

Okay now it's letting me attach images. Maybe I just needed to complain about it. This is a screenshot of the discovery Plus app on our Roku

0 Kudos
jaromsmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried to attach another image showing Seasons only going through season 9 but apparently the image is too big.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jaromsmith

Thanks for the reply.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

You can reach Discovery+ Support here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem so I went to the ID go app(glad I forgot and I still subscribe to) and season 10 is on there. So basically Discovery is lying to us all. They are only streaming through season 9.

SnapsQT

Jump to solution

After 3 + hours I figured out how to watch season 10 Homestead Rescue  (limited options)

I watch discovery+  2 ways

thru the Spectrum app off my roku.  

Or 

Discovery + off my roku

I could not get season 10 on the discovery + app directly 

I had to go into my Spectrum app on roku

Use the back/close button til the on demand option shows at the top. 

Using roku

Spectrum app

On demand option

This allowed me to only watch season 10 episodes 3 & 4

Hope this helps 

I will say... 

This is extremely irritating having to use this option because I have to watch commercials.  (It's the no. 1  reason I pay for discovery +, no commercials)

0 Kudos