Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsol
Channel Surfer

Can my Roku Express 3900R run NBC Peacock?

Jump to solution

On NBC's Peacock website, it says it requires a Roku Express/Express + 3900X. My model is currently a 3900R and I while I am skeptical of it being able to work (mostly due to not being able to find it on the 3900R), I wanted to make sure that the 3900X is a later model.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can my Roku Express 3900R run NBC Peacock?

Jump to solution

@alsol 

According to Peacock TV Website, the model 3900 is supported:

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later)\
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

As @Strega said, the suffix is simply the distribution channel. It can reflect the firmware (EU, for example) but in your case, it's a standard USA Roku device. It should be there. So why is it not? Well, let's check some things. This might take some digging.

You say you have more than one Roku device. Let's gather that data. Go to https://my.roku.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page. The Roku devices tied to your Roku account are listed there. Keep that page open, in case you need to refer to it.

Do you have all of those Roku devices? Those are all tied to your account, and only those are tied to your account. If one's there that you don't have, or if your 3900 isn't there, then you need to figure out what's going on.

Next, go to your 3900 and confirm that is the model number. Keep in mind that there have been multiple devices with the name "Express" as well as more with "Express" as part of the name (Express+, Express 4K, Express 4K+, for example). The 3900 was introduced in 2017, and replaced the earlier Express 3700. The 3900 was discontinued in 2019, replaced by the 3930 (which is still current model).

On your Express, go to Settings > System > About and confirm both the Model number and the Roku account.

If the model number is different, what is it? Is it one of the supported devices from the Peacock TV list?

If the Roku account is different, then you may have more than one Roku account.

Assuming you are in the USA, you should be able to go to [HOME] Streaming Channels > Movies & TV and find Peacock listed (the app is just called Peacock, the service is Peacock TV).

Let us know what you find.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can my Roku Express 3930eu support peacock tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Brian20,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Currently, Peacock is not available on the Roku UK channel store. Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region and channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific Peacock to inquire whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The letters are (almost) meaningless to users. R just means it was sold through a retailer.  A 3900R should be fine if you are in a supported region.  Do you see it here?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2dd1a2670117700b87d7a40bfa7e6138/peacock-tv

If the add channel button is purple, then you should be able to click it to add it.

0 Kudos
alsol
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hii Strega,

It does say that I have it installed. This is probably because some months ago I got a second Roku Express and that device was able to install Peacock. Could it be that it's limited to one Roku account?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@alsol 

According to Peacock TV Website, the model 3900 is supported:

Roku:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later)\
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

As @Strega said, the suffix is simply the distribution channel. It can reflect the firmware (EU, for example) but in your case, it's a standard USA Roku device. It should be there. So why is it not? Well, let's check some things. This might take some digging.

You say you have more than one Roku device. Let's gather that data. Go to https://my.roku.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page. The Roku devices tied to your Roku account are listed there. Keep that page open, in case you need to refer to it.

Do you have all of those Roku devices? Those are all tied to your account, and only those are tied to your account. If one's there that you don't have, or if your 3900 isn't there, then you need to figure out what's going on.

Next, go to your 3900 and confirm that is the model number. Keep in mind that there have been multiple devices with the name "Express" as well as more with "Express" as part of the name (Express+, Express 4K, Express 4K+, for example). The 3900 was introduced in 2017, and replaced the earlier Express 3700. The 3900 was discontinued in 2019, replaced by the 3930 (which is still current model).

On your Express, go to Settings > System > About and confirm both the Model number and the Roku account.

If the model number is different, what is it? Is it one of the supported devices from the Peacock TV list?

If the Roku account is different, then you may have more than one Roku account.

Assuming you are in the USA, you should be able to go to [HOME] Streaming Channels > Movies & TV and find Peacock listed (the app is just called Peacock, the service is Peacock TV).

Let us know what you find.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
alsol
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi DBDukes,

Thanks for getting back to me. The Roku in question was a different model than what I thought in the question title. It is a 3700 R, which means it cannot run Peacock.

Thanks again to everyone who posed in support.

0 Kudos
Brian20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all answers listed but still can’t get peacock installed all I can install is the screensaver

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Brian20, where are you located and what's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brian20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi model is the same as in the question ie 3930uk location England uk

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brian20,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Currently, Peacock is not available on the Roku UK channel store. Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region and channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific Peacock to inquire whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Brian20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Cheers Mary rather disappointing but now I know

0 Kudos