Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpullen17
Reel Rookie

CRAVE - asking for a profile not seeing existing service provider

The first channel i tried to set up was Crave and I accidentally went into new subscription because it was not offering to connect with the existing TV provider. I linked up CTV, CBC, PBS and other channels, all which gave the option to link to my existing Bell ExpressVu account.

I have removed CRAVE multiple times and restarted the Roku after another remove.

But each time I add the CRAVE channel now, the unit asks which profile I want to use and then takes me to the subscription screen.

Other topics made it seem that a Restart would clear the memory, but I can't get CRAVE to not ask for a new subscription.

Any ideas of how to properly reset CRAVE to original?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CRAVE - asking for a profile not seeing existing service provider

Just to be clear, the restart has to occur after you remove it and before you add it again.  If you do it in any other order it doesn't accomplish anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
dpullen17
Reel Rookie

I'm in IT so I do follow a progression of steps from minimal to maximum to resolve a problem.

I did 5 variations including removal, restart, then add multiple times with the same result.

but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
renojim

I didn't mean to offend anyone.

There's another possibility.  You mentioned CTV and I see that it's also developed by Bell Media.  Developers can share the registry where things like credentials are stored across their channels/apps.  The remove then restart procedure clears out the registry, but only if there are no other channels sharing it.  I don't know if that's the problem, but it sounds like a possibility.  If you have other channels developed by Bell Media you may have to remove all of them and then restart your Roku.  It would be interesting to see if that's the problem, but it may just be easier to perform a factory reset.

0 Kudos
dpullen17
Reel Rookie

No offense taken.

It's the correct question to ask during a tech support call.

Order of steps is everything to work out the problem.

Yes, the 3 other Bell media services gave the option to select Your Television Provider versus starting an account, which worked perfectly. Even Crave's web site says it's suppose to ask about your provider, but it did not which is why I hoped later in the process, it would not require a new account.

As with so much tech, the last answer is Factory Reset as I got a dozen services set up now and trying to reset them all up again is my expected result, but one can hope.

Anyone know if you can connect a Bluetooth wireless keyboard to a Roku, so I can type in information?

0 Kudos
renojim

You can't connect a Bluetooth keyboard, but you can use the app on your phone (assuming that works in Canada where I assume your are).  If the app works, then you can connect a Bluetooth keyboard to your phone and use it that way.  Kind of a convoluted way to accomplish it, but it's better than the Roku onscreen keyboard.

0 Kudos
dpullen17
Reel Rookie

I've done a factory reset finally and the problem of trying to make me complete a subscription to Crave has not gone away. I was required to reconnect every service and GlobalTV and CTV as if I wanted to link to my service provider, but Crave still wants me to select a Profile, and then tried to get me to complete a subscription.

Any other suggestions out there?

0 Kudos