Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whannesson
Reel Rookie

CNNgo HLN Headline News viewing issue

Jump to solution

I can’t view CNNgo HLN Headline News feed on the Roku CNNgo channel.  I thought it was a CNN app issue but I also tried the iOS CNNgo app and noticed that Headline News loads and can be watched without issue - however if I cast the iOS app to the Roku using Screen mirroring the HLN feed which was working on my iOS device it isn’t displayed using Roku screen mirroring.  I have no issue viewing either the CNN US or International feeds natively on the Roku CNNgo channel or via Screen mirroring  - just the HLN feed within the CNNgo app.

Is there something about the HLN feed/stream that my Roku doesn’t like?  I have reset, updated and rebooted my device which doesn’t resolve the issue.  HLN has never worked on my Roku.

I have a Roku Express 10.5.0 Build 4201

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whannesson
Reel Rookie

Re: CNNgo HLN Headline News viewing issue

Jump to solution

Resolved- My CNNGo HLN issue was resolved with the newest CNNGo Roku app update.  All three CNN feeds and available content (limited now after CNN+ rollout) are viewable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@whannesson

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you having an issue accessing the content on the channel or when you are trying to screen mirror from your device? 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whannesson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is in response to RokuDanny-R’s response to my issue.

When I use the CNNgo app on my iOS device the 3 live feeds work fine.

1. US
  2. HLN
  3. International

These 3 live feeds all display fine on my iOS device.

When I use the Roku CNNgo channel app the HLN feed doesn’t load -  now you’d think that this points to the CNNgo Roku channel app as being the problem, but...

When I screen mirror the CNNgo iOS app the HLN feed which was working fine on my iOS device doesn’t stream on the Roku.  The other 2 feeds (1 & 3) mirror fine on the Roku.

This leads me to believe my Roku is blocking the HLN feed for some reason.  Reasons - HLN doesn’t stream natively on the Roku or when screen mirrored from my iOS device.   Once again HLN runs fine on my on my iOS device unless I screen mirror it to my Roku.

Before contacting Roku on this issue I did attempt to reach out to CNN twice without response.

Does this help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@whannesson

Thanks for the post.

We are unable to reproduce the issue you are experiencing at the moment. At the time, our recommendation would be to contact  the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BBillings

Jump to solution

I am having same issue on all my Roku devices. I can access CNN and International feeds on CNN channel but when I select HLN, the wheel just spins and nothing loads  I have Shaw BlueCurve app on my phone and can watch HLN on it....on the CNN app on my phone (Android) I can also view HLN  but not on any of my Roku boxes...please fix this.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
whannesson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Resolved- My CNNGo HLN issue was resolved with the newest CNNGo Roku app update.  All three CNN feeds and available content (limited now after CNN+ rollout) are viewable.

0 Kudos