Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peekaboo81

Re: CBS won't load despite deleting & adding channel

yes, all my other apps are working great as usual. i am not getting any error code. as it's trying to load it stops and just goes back to the home screen where all my apps are. it has been going on for at least two weeks. it will not load the app at all so the only thing i am able to try to do is to delete the app, restart the device and then add the channel again but after several attempts this hasn't helped anything

gpc22425
Reel Rookie

I have done this over and over again. I should not have to keep doing this! They (CBS) just need to fix it!!

FlamingoNut
Reel Rookie

Same here. Loads fine on a Fire Stick (which I loathe), but won't load on either of my 2 Roku 4k's. ABC is quirky too. Frustrating that stations that have been around since the beginning of television, can't be watched on a streaming device. I'm going to harass them on Twitter, since they don't answer emails...

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on this channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HeBeGB

Moderator Danny R,

While we can all understand that Roku cannot fix this issue directly, it is clear that all of us Roku purchasers, independently over months have not been able to move CBS to act. They apparently do not care about the Roku user community enough to fix their app that clearly does not work. The likely issue is that they make very little off of this combination (CBS app on Roku) and would rather let this languish. CBS is not a hotbed of award winning content, but there are a few worthy shows, and if users really want to stream them, maybe CBS thinks a few souls will ante-up the money for Paramount+.

Regardless, I'm  sure all of us would appreciate Roku contacting CBS on our behalf to make sure they understand the extent of the issue, and the population they are leaving behind -- a number/value we individual users cannot provide.

mghgolf
Reel Rookie

I think Hulu should refund our fee if they can't resolve the problem with CBS.  It is a money thing.  Has been going on for years.  Sinclair Media is wanting more money to stream CBS and Hulu won't pay it.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @mghgolf

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Bayviewbeach
Channel Surfer

Not sure if this is the fix but it worked for me after several uninstall and installs - in settings, put your zip code. I did and suddenly no more looping to the Home Screen and I’m in! Lmk if this works for you!

0 Kudos
BertCalif
Reel Rookie

Today 11/30/22 after not being able to load CBS on my ROKU stream as since May 2022 I was finally able to successfully load it! I had all but given up, in frustration I attempted one last time and Voila! I’m in, I was happy, my wife was happy! The powers that be never had answers why this happened to all of us! No, I didn’t join Paramount +. Hopefully this works for you, try it an let me know what happens please! They may have found an answer?

Merry Christmas!

BertCalif

stevew1971
Reel Rookie

I finally got it to work in the past couple weeks too. Glad it did. I was at the point where I thought it was not going to load once again and it finally did. Glad it is back and never heard anything from CBS or anyone else besides on here the suggestions that did not work. But glad to have it back online.

0 Kudos