Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Synergy
Channel Surfer

CBS won't load despite deleting & adding channel

CBS channel not working. Shows won't play, menu for latest Shows on CBS old. Tried deleting and reading channel. Tried updating roku version. Tried turning roku on and off.

No change. Very frustrating 

39 REPLIES 39
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBS won't load despite deleting & adding channel

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

I 'm having the same problem with MSNBC too. Not understanding what's going on. Is it because I am using AT&T as my internet provider???? Unclear as well!!

Synergy
Channel Surfer

Very frustrating. I occasionally have issues with NBC. I am a spectrum subscriber watching through roku and both channels have issues but CBS is now uncooperative and I can't watch anything. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Synergy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach CBS support here: https://www.cbs.com/showfeedback/ 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stevew1971
Reel Rookie

They don't respond to the multiple emails sent to them over a couple weeks and still having problems getting it to load.  ABC, NBC and FOX work fine.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If y'all can get far enough into CBS app try this:

Press the left cursor key until the menu pops up on the left side of the screen.

Click on Sign Out and confirm you want to sign out.

Now sign back in with your tv provider credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
emandems

Hi! I had this same issue and what worked for me was logging out of my account on the CBS app, uninstalling it, then doing the system reset from settings. After the tv resets, download the app again and it should start to play for you! 

0 Kudos
BertCalif
Reel Rookie

I have been unsuccessful in viewing anything on cbs on my Roku Streambar since May, after exchanging emails and information with Roku Techs I am no where even close to accessing CBS. I even contacted CBS, NO luck there either! I never expected this was going to happen, but I guess it isn’t important to CBS or ROKU…

0 Kudos
stevew1971
Reel Rookie

I know how you feel.  It has been this way for me for too long.  Removed the channel and restarted the TV and CBS won't load.  NO one responds to the emails sent to cbs-roku-feedback@cbsi.com.  Guess they really are not that concerned about the problem we are seeing.