Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chi7
Channel Surfer

CBS News App Cuts in and Out

Just got a new 4K+ stick and the CBS News App is the only one that cuts in and out, blanks out…”loading” resumes video then repeats.  All other apps work fine.  My network is strong.  Tried deleted them reinstalling app with no success.  Please advise.  

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: CBS News App Cuts in and Out

CBS News channel is developed by CBS. You can try to contact them 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Chi7 wrote:

... Tried deleted them reinstalling app with no success.  Please advise.  

Be sure the steps you took for this part was:\

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Chi7
Channel Surfer

Followed your steps in order.   Still does it.  

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Chi7      Capture 11.PNG

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Chi7 wrote:

Followed your steps in order.   Still does it.  

Thanks for verifying that.

Got one other thing to check. To which WiFi channel is your device connected? Settings > Network > About

This may lead nowhere, but if you are on a crowded channel, it could cause issues. However, the fact that other apps work fine leads away from that. Still, worth checking.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Chi7
Channel Surfer

I’m on a eero mesh network.  And everything looks fine.  All other apps work fine including Roku live TV.  

I just don’t get it.  🤷🏼 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Chi7 

Yeah, a network like that usually manages things well. This is weird.

Now, keep in mind that CBS is a big company, and they have several streaming avenues. They probably offer different streams to different part of the country. That is, someone in Georgia might get their stream from one server farm, while someone in Washington state might get their stream from a different server farm. And different Internet routings along the way. And if your streaming route is busy or overloaded for whatever reason, it could cause you (and others riding that same feed) to experience buffering.

This may be something that clears up, or it might be a problem that continues for a while.

By the way, what is your Roku model number and Software version?
Settings > System > About

Oh, and app version.
[Hilight on menu] > [Options *]

You can also check for updates to that specific app from the Options button as well. Might try that, in case there is a bug and a fix was released by CBS.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Chi7
Channel Surfer

Thank you.   I’m tested CBS app on my fire stick and it works fine.   Odd, the Roku still keeps loading and refreshing.  

not sure what version Roku I’m on, but I just got it yesterday and did all the updates, including app updates today if any.   

I’m going to check it tmrw and see what happens.  Thanks for your help.   

0 Kudos