Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomTort
Binge Watcher

Re: CBS Free app not loading goes back to home

Hi All,

Great news!  I think someone finally fixed this issue.  Every now and then I try load CBS to see if it works.  Today, it worked.  Loaded the channel and was able to view CBS on Roku!

Give it a try and let us know if you also have success.  You might want to make sure the system software is updated before loading CBS.  Good Luck!

TomTort

BarbK
Binge Watcher

Yes!!!  I confirm that it is now working on my Roku as well - this is great - whoever at Roku or CBS finally listened - thank you so much.  AND to you, Tom, and the others that have persisted over what I think is almost a year of this not working right - GOOD JOB!

0 Kudos
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

@TomTort thank you for letting us know. I had given up and I checked after your post and it's working. 

0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

thought this was working but only did the first time - 2nd day - got into the app but all videos have an error when I try to load them. - this is how the original problem started........

0 Kudos
TomTort
Binge Watcher

Hi BarbK,

I had the same frustrating problem last evening.  Today I removed the CBS channel, then replaced it.  It worked fine after that, but I did not use it much after that.  Hoping I do not have to repeat this process and more so that it does not result in the previous issue.

TomTort

0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

I was able to use it once I logged out of the app and then logged back in with my provider.  Not sure if that will hold as this was an issue in the past before it stopped working entirely.  I will post once I am able to check it again.

0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

UPDATE - I do have to sign off of the CBS app and then sign in again with my cable provider before the video will load without saying "an error has occurred".  If I watch several episodes on the app in one sitting it is fine, but if I go in the next day and try it I have to sign in again.  So - this has not been completely fixed.  I will say this again - the Amazon Fire stick works correctly so what's the deal with Roku????

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BarbK

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos