Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarbK
Binge Watcher

Re: CBS Free app not loading goes back to home

Just so everyone who is following this knows - amazingly the CBS app appears to work on the Amazon Fire stick, just not the Roku products.  I have the Fire Stick for my RV and it works just fine as long as you are only watching current season and you have a cable subscription.  I am still casting my phone to the roku but getting close to buying another fire stick for the house, at least for one room.  Too bad because I prefer the roku product otherwise.

0 Kudos
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

It has been a couple of months since i first posted on this thread. I still cannot get CBS to work on my ROKU. I have to go to guest mode anytime I want to watch CBS. It is such a hassle, but that is the only way I found it to work. It doesn't make any sense.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @DiJenkins

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on CBS or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel CBS and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

@RokuLianna I tried all of the suggested resolutions.  If you follow this thread, you will also see I sent photos. This problem is only with CBS. On all 3 of my tvs. I have 2 different roku streaming sticks and 1 roku tv. All the same problem under my account email.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @DiJenkins

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the CBS channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting CBS Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
TomTort
Binge Watcher

Hi Lianna,

So let me get this straight.  Both DiJenkins and I provided all of the details regarding this issue and many in the community have confirmed the exact same issue.  I also provided the past Roku OS and CBS software build which works and you are telling us to contact CBS to fix the issue?  BarbK advised the issue does not exist on the Fire Stick platform so there has to be something incompatible with the current Roku OS platform and the CBS software build.  Seems to me there needs to be a collaboration between Roku and CBS developers to fix this issue.  I am pretty sure most of the community has provided feedback on the failed CBS channel load.  Where does that feedback go?

I am disappointed and surprised at this level of support from Roku.

Sincerely,

TomTort

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DiJenkins
Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TomTort

Thanks for the follow up.

As previously stated in this thread, we have already passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate. In the meantime, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
T7
Reel Rookie

model 3941X - Roku Express 4K+  
Serial number: X01600CR0TLU    
Software version:  11.5.0  build 4235-CR   uptime 26 minutes  
Device ID  S07P515ROTLU   

Here is all my information on my Roku device. Please correct the problem with CBS free app. Please don’t ask me if I tried everything else. The answer is YES.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@T7

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos