Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melricemn

Re: CBS Free app not loading goes back to home

I have the exact same problem with the exact same scenario. I’ve tried updating Roku - up to date, repeatedly tried removing and reinstalling the CBS app - no luck. Thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Melricemn

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, it's important that you restart the Roku device before trying to add the channel back. If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BLM7
Reel Rookie

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  I can load the CBS app but when I click on any live show I get the word error.  I've removed app several times. Removed app, unplugged ROKU, plugged back in and reloaded app and still get ERROR.  This is the only app that does  this.  Customer support at XFINITY sucks when you try to call on weekends.  

0 Kudos
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

Has this problem gotten fixed for you? Mine has been doing this for a week. I have reinstalled multiple times. I click on CBS it spins and goes right back to the ROKU home page. I can use the app on my PC but not on my RUKO TV and ROKU stick.

0 Kudos
BarbK
Binge Watcher

No it has not.  I am convinced that CBS wants us to pay for Paramount+, even though they deny it.  I already pay for CBS with cable and all I am trying to do is to be able to stream current cable episodes on a TV that does not have the DVR on it.  I pay for other streamers but any of the OG networks graciously allow us to stream current episodes if we already have a cable provider.  CBS does not appear to be doing that any longer.  We are going to mirror the CBS online from the browser from our cell phone and be done with it.  Its awkward, but it works ok.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DiJenkins

Thanks for the post.

When removing the channel from your Roku device, are you making sure to restart the device before adding the channel back again in order to ensure a clean channel install?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R Yes, I have restarted the devices. This is happening to all 3 of my TVs, one is a ROKU TV, one is ROKU Express and the other is the streaming stick. I have also removed the tvs from my roku acct, reinstalled and re added CBS. It will spin and then go back to the home screen. I know other people who have ROKU and the free CBS is working for them. It used to work for me, and suddenly stopped.

aprils57

I tried this and it still goes back to the home front.

Help please.

0 Kudos
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

I followed all you r suggestions and it still goes back to the home screen. BUT, if I put my ROKU on guest mode, it will allow CBS to work. It is frustrating to hav to go back and forth. ANY idea why it will not work on my regular RUKO account?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos