Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS App Doesn’t Load and just goes back to the home screen

My CBS app just spins then goes back to the Home Screen. Is there something going on with that app? I’ve not had this problem with any other app. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Craiders81

Re: CBS App Doesn’t Load and just goes back to the home screen

I just bought a new 3941X- Express 4K+ and am having the same issue. CBS app opens, spinning blue circle and back to the Home Screen. This is the only device it does it on. My 3900X- Express does not have this issue and the app works fine. I have tried removing the app, restarting then adding the app again and have even reset the device to Factory Settings and set it up again. Did not fix the issue. I am narrowing it down to the OS build/compatibility. Both devices have the same version/build for the CBS app. The 4K Express is OS 11.0.0 build 4193-CR and the working Express is OS 11.0.0 as well but build 4193-51. I’m no expert but it seems the issue revolves around the device as the 4K Express is the only one of my devices that has issue and is the only 4K Express I have. Appears this issue has been around since OS 11 came out. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Streamer890101
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the CBS channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting CBS Support to report the issue and get help. 
Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MB2Bailey

I am also having the same problem on a Roku 4K stick (model 3820) and Roku Ultra (model 4800x).  Software on both is V11.0.0 build 4193.  I have deleted app, repowered Rokus, and reinstalled apps (in that order several times).  Still have same problem that app starts to load then returns to home screen.  CBS News app and CBS sports app work just fine.  I have Xfinity TV and the Xfinity app loaded, just in case there is some licensing issue. Sure would be nice if Roku could confirm if they can duplicate this problem and if so, let CBS developers know about the problem.  We support Riku by buying their product and not that of other vendors.

0 Kudos
Marycat

Same. Did you find anything that works?

0 Kudos