Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcewena
Channel Surfer

Re: CBC News Roku ch 105 old content

Roku channel “live” app.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Aaaaahhh that’s the issue. You cannot watch true live tv on the Roku channel the way you did with cable. If that was the case everyone would be using it. You need to use one of the services I mentioned or try downloading the CBC channel I linked you too onto your Roku. I never watch the Roku Channel myself. When you cut the cord there are several ways to still watch true live tv. Best free way is to use an antenna. You can sign up for a live tv streaming service also. But each one will vary on the networks it will carry. So you need to do some research. 

0 Kudos
yyz-morgan

I have not had my Roku stick long, just about a month. I have however noticed I think there is a loophole. On the sidebar of the Roku channel app, launched the "live TV". Now the "all channels" is listed starting with channel 120 on my device. However, if I use the voice input to the remote and say "search CBC News", then channel 105 (the CBC News Explore)  does load. Is this hidden? Yet the sidebar does not show this channel. I have also checked for any system-wide updates are needed. At least I can save the channel to my profile. I don't know if anyone has this similar experience. Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated. I am posting this because of a similar thread posted on this topic. Software version 8.0 build 72 (with *).

0 Kudos
Mcewena
Channel Surfer

It could be because I think Explore is a new channel, maybe they just haven't updated the guide software yet?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @yyz-morgan

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos