Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Buffering Issue with HULU on ROKU Ultra

@mav52

Thanks for the inquiry.

Buffering issues are typically related to internet connectivity. Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Styopa
Channel Surfer

Thanks but if it was an internet connectivity issue why would this JUST be with Hulu?

A general internet issue should plague all channels more or less comparably, no?

mav52
Reel Rookie

Yes I have Danny.  Ps: today I tried a Amazon Fire Stick and we haven’t had a single buffering issue all day. 

mav52
Reel Rookie

We don’t use any other service but Hulu.  And if I had internet problems I would be getting all types of errors on my router and my home network monitor..  like I noted, tried a FireStick, No buffering problems. 

Nycgal
Reel Rookie

Danny, I discovered you are exactly right! Recently, they changed out the wiring into my section of the subdivision and that completely solved the problem! 

Fitz37
Binge Watcher

I am having the same problem with buffering with Roku Ultra while streaming hulu. Frustrating that I cant find a phone number to get help, does anyone hove a Roku support phone number? 

Fitz37
Binge Watcher

Good to know but I have 4 ultra do I toss them all and purchase new sticks? I think Roku needs to step up and either repair the ultras or refund my money. 

0 Kudos
mav52
Reel Rookie

Tried a firestick and haven't had a buffering problem yet.  I even had the cable company out and they noted my service is clean, and I'm getting 188Mbos at the back of my router which is hardwired ( 3 ft) to the Roku Ultra via cat 6 Ethernet cable. ,. Actually they even changed out my cable modem, but it didn't make any difference.  What's weird its only HuluLive and a Roku Ultra.  Disney works ok,. Discovery + works ok, Roku provided shows works ok.  Add a Firestick and Hululive works great.  So that pretty much nails it down in my book..

0 Kudos
Mena2_0

Same problem here on my Roku TV. I did the clear cache and uninstall/reinstall. It'll play in the beginning but when it's time for the next episode, sound but no video then error message. All other apps play with no problems

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Mena2_0

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

For clarification, do you receive an error message? Are you also experiencing the issue on the Hulu channel or a different app? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos