Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox is not loading Feb 4 2022

Britbox Customer Service contacted me and said they are aware of the issue with Roku and are currently working on a fix.  

Rick22
Channel Surfer

Feb 10--Britbox will not load--spent a good deal of time with Britbox support--reloaded channel--then they tell me Roku did an update that is not compatible with Britbox and that is the reason the channel won't load.  You click on Britbox and the wheel turns and goes directly back to roku homepage.  To say I am frustrated is understatement.  What the **bleep** is going on Roku??  You did this without notice--

Rick22
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox not available in my country?

Issue is not resolved and Britbox says it is because Roku did an update that is not compatible with them.  Someone needs to get their act together and accept responsiblity.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rick22,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience with this issue. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
andrewteg
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuMary-F  and others,

I'm still having trouble with Britbox and have been since end of January 😞

Here's my details. I'm curious if it is my hardware and what hardware others have that have mentioned it is working for them ( @Wendy1519@LiverpoolPL etc) as I'm not opposed to a new Roku, as I have a Roku 2 getting older and slower, but this is happening on both that and my Ultra.

Model: 4562RW - Roku Ultra LT
Serial Number: YJ003E023581
Device ID: 0460A3023581
Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4312-46 (Last Updated 12/20/22)

Britbox Channel Build: Version 3.0 build 662

Opened Britbox, it spun and then returned to Home Screen.
I did Issue Tracker Commands to get this Issue ID:  81-065-028

A full screenshot of my Issue Tracker is at https://mega.nz/file/x5ckTIAQ#CNbV4XUYtT8g1Zm8yxHjkiwQ35eXLLMZggWjypQDgsQ

Thanks for any ideas to get Britbox back again!
Andrew

0 Kudos
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

Britbox needs to update so it works with Roku. Unless Roku is withholding info or something, it is Britbox’s  responsibility to maintain and update their app.   It’s been over two weeks and it still will not work on Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @andrewteg,

Thanks for providing the information needed.

We're sorry to hear that you're having a channel playback issue with Britbox. I have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wellsdm2,

Thanks for sharing your observation.

We sincerely appreciate your patience regarding this channel issue. We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I have asked several times over the last few weeks about Brit Box boomeranging on my Roku TCL TV.  I can not even remove the app to reload it!  The only thing I have left to do is cancel my subscription, then try to renew it again.  This is crazy.  I can watch it on my windows PC but not on my Roku TV.  

All of the responses you have sent me to tell me you are aware of the problem and that it is being worked on.  That was weeks ago.

Please do something.  I am paying for something I do not get, except promises of "working on solving this issue."

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@3751 

Thanks for the post.

Looking at your Community activity, this is the first time you've posted. Can you provide us with more information about whom you were in contact with regarding the issue you are experiencing?

In the meantime, please be aware that the appropriate Roku team team is currently investigating this issue. Until further information is available, can you please provide us with the following information: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos