Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droberts91
Reel Rookie

Britbox is not loading on Roku device

My BB will not load and according to their IT people, it is a Roku issue.  But every channel streamed by my Roku device works, except for BB.  Now BB is saying a new update is coming that Roku needs to upload. Has anyone else been told this?

Thanks, D Roberts 

65 REPLIES 65
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Hi @droberts91,

Saw your post!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. What Roku model device are you using?
  2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
droberts91
Reel Rookie

Roku model is RC128

Last  update was 12/14/2022

I rebooted the system (shut down the tv and Roku device) several times. Remove the channel, then added it back.  I also tried doing a manual update. 

I tried your suggestion, but result was the same,,,click on BB, looks like it is loading, then it bounces back to the home screen. 

I've been in communication with BB for a week+ now.  All channels are working okay...BB does not work at all.  BB does load on the Roku Channel..I found a series with a free episode and it played with no problem.

Thanks, dee roberts

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @droberts91,

Thanks for the update and for letting us know all that you've done.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings System About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

droberts91
Reel Rookie

I will get the information requested later, but I wanted to share BB's last comment:

We will be sharing this with our team and the fix for this will be implemented in a BritBox app update on your device, so please ensure your app is up to date in the coming weeks.

Thanks, D Roberts

0 Kudos
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

We are having same problem.  Britbox website says it’s up and running.  We are able to stream on our phones but not our Rokus.  Britbox recommends contacting Roku as we have followed all recommendations and it’s still not working.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wellsdm2,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

Please provide us with the following information:

1. What Roku model device are you using?
  2. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Wellsdm2
Channel Surfer

Model Number 4800X-Roku Ultra, software version 11.5.0-build 4312-C2

No error message, just goes back to Home Screen
No other channels effected
Yes, we tried to remove, reboot and added back twice - same result and will not work
Two weeks ago it randomly would log us out while we were watching Britbox
0 Kudos
Tonykski
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem on my Roku Ultra. Britbox app stopped working Feb 3. Followed the instructions to remove, restart, reinstall app. No luck. Britbox app still won't launch. I have a paid subscription and the app works on tablet and PC. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Tonykski

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Britbox channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Britbox Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna