Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenowicki
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox is not loading Feb 4 2022

Jump to solution

I have found that the simplest solution is to use a firestick, works all the time every time, some roku TVs just cant handle this app. 

0 Kudos
Riggerjohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you cannot view Britbox on a Firestick when it was purchased and the payment is made thru Roku.  Also the TV is a Roku TV and all the rest of the apps work fine. I understand that the app itself is a Roku product.

0 Kudos
keen1

Jump to solution

Tried your suggestions - didn't work.  Contacted Britbox.  They said Roku has to update the Britbox app which takes time.  Two months have gone by and no change.  HELP???

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @keen1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stevenowicki
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not true!!!! I paid for britbox thru roku, created u/n and p/w, loaded the britbox app on my firestick (mine is not associated with an acct, and loaded with 3rd party app capability) signed in and works every time. The key is adding as an app on the stick and not part of your amazon acct. if you are using amazon thru roku or adding to amazon acct you dont get sign in ability. 

0 Kudos