Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Britbox is not loading Feb 4 2022

Jump to solution

@stevenowicki 

Answering the questions requested by @RokuDanny-R may help actually narrow down your issue, especially the device model number and how you are powering the device.

Britbox is either resource hungry or poorly coded.  It is slow even on my Ultra 4660 and is almost unbearable to select things on my Insignia RokuTV.  The streaming is fine, but navigating menus can be pain.

Different Roku models have different capabilities (processors and memory), and powering from the TV USB power port may not provide enough power at times for the Roku device to function properly.  Try powering from the wall adapter instead and see if helps.  

However, without knowing what Roku model, what Roku OS build you are one, or how you are powering the device, everything is just guesses.  Provide some more information (especially hardware) and maybe your issue can be addressed.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
stevenowicki
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its a TCL roku TV, 

roku TV 5122x /TCL mod#48FS3750 /software ver 11.0.0•build 4193-08

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@stevenowicki

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you are using an outdated Roku OS. Have you tried manually checking for the latest OS update build and then seeing if the issue persists?

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ellhall

Jump to solution

I have removed Britbox, rebooted 2 different TVs, restarted and added Britbox.  I have made sure everything is updated.  Britbox does not load and just throws me back to main tv menu.  I have contacted Britbox and gave them the tv numbers, i.e. 5408X and 5303X,  they said it is a ROKU problem. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon, It has been going on for months.  I will not be getting rid of Britbox so if I have to replace the tvs, the new ones will not be ROKU.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ellhall

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more information, we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johnbruner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Sharp Roku TV.  When BritBox introduced the Live Continuous feature, I began having trouble accessing BritBox.  It would throw me back to the Roku home screen after about 35 seconds, just after "BritBox Live Continuous" appears on the screen.  For a few weeks, it would eventually start, but for the past 10 days it never starts.  I have a yearly subscription, and the suggestion to remove BritBox and reinstall it is not available when I try to access through the * button.  All other subscriptions (Hulu, Acorn, Amazon Prime) work fine.  I have tried updating the app and it says it is updated.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @johnbruner,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide the required information requested from above your post? 

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate this issue further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johnbruner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response!  Here is the information you asked for:

Device:  Roku TV  5317X

Serial No.  2N0012254551

Device ID   7D66A1254551

Software OS Version  11.0.0  build 4193-13

Tracker ID  51-459-512

Steps to produce this issue:  selected BritBox on home screen and pressed OK.  Proceeded to basic screen with headers and rest of screen blank.  after 32 seconds, "BritBox Live Continuous" appears at bottom left of screen for about 2 seconds, then returned to Roku home screen. 

About an hour after getting the tracer ID, I tried BritBox again, and it opened.  I scrolled the screen an it appeared normal.  Upon leaving BritBox, it completely reset the TV, taking some time to restart and reconnect. I performed another Tracker ID and it returned 51-459-613.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @johnbruner,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information and concerns. Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Riggerjohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You cannot do this on my Insignia Roku tv.  You can use the asterisk but the choices do not allow you to close the app.  It allows you to unsubscribe from Britbox but when you select this it tells you your subscription is good until ____.  My BritBox app is the only one that will not load on this TV.  Netflix, Hulu, and six or seven others load fine.  The app cycles and then puts up the Britbox header and then cycles some more and then sends me back to the Home menu.  The other Roku TV's in my house have Britbox apps that work fine.  This TV is the furthermost from my router but when I check signal strength it says it is excellent.

0 Kudos