Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CubbieBlueJean
Binge Watcher

Britbox app doesn't include Shetland season 6 episode 6

Roku Britbox app claims to include the entire Shetland season 6 but the last episode (#6) isn't included - available on the non-Roku Britbox app - anyone know why we're being short-changed on this one?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Britbox app doesn't include Shetland season 6 episode 6

Bringing this to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza-D

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rhupperr

Missing episode on Britbox for Shetland S6 E6

Watching Season 6 of Shetland on Britbox via Roku, I was confused that Episode 5 was the end of the season. Checking online sources and looking at a list on Amazon Prime, I see the concluding episode 6 listed. 

Would you please resolve this? For all I know, it may be buried as an episode of "How to Train Your Sheepdog."

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Missing episode on Britbox for Shetland S6 E6

Hey @Rhupperr

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us first how are you accessing the affected content? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone BritBox channel? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Winnee

Re: Missing episode on Britbox for Shetland S6 E6

Using Britbox on the Roku Channel, Shetland S6 E6 is not showing

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CubbieBlueJean

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CubbieBlueJean
Binge Watcher

Thank you - if I may add to the list, the mystery Lucan is also not available on the ROKU-provided app, yet can be viewed via the standard Britbox app - feels like false advertising from ROKU - their app appears to be “Britbox Lite” - can get the full-service app for the same price (or less) via another service……

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CubbieBlueJean

Thanks for the post.

Can you check for a channel update by selecting the * button when selecting the channel on the Home screen and selecting Check for updates.

In addition, we would recommend checking for a manual update on your Roku device. For more information about how to check for an OS update: visit our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

After checking both of those updates, try restarting your Roku device and then seeing if the content is available on the Britbox channel.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CubbieBlueJean
Binge Watcher

Danny - Thanks for the advice - I did both and was able to access the final episode of Shetland.

I still can't access Lucan (2013) - I used the ROKU Channel Search function and it shows that I need a Britbox subscription to access - the Britbox logo shown does not include the tag line "ROKU Channel". Just to check my logic, I used Search to look at a show that I had just watched on ROKU Britbox, and it responded with two options: one said "included with your subscription (ROKU Britbox logo)" and the other with the "subscription required (standard Britbox logo)". This indicates to me that the ROKU Britbox option is "Britbox Lite" and that I would need to get a subscription elsewhere in order to access all Britbox offerings -true?

I know I've had the same experience with the TCM channel on Sling - some films/shows are blocked.

I appreciate your help in getting my issues resolved and also providing clarity re ROKU's offerings - thank you!

0 Kudos
CubbieBlueJean
Binge Watcher

IMG_4893.jpgIMG_4894.jpg

0 Kudos