Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flydutch
Reel Rookie

BritBox not launching Aug'22

BritBox not launching on my Roku Ultra or any of my other Roku devices.
The launch screen appears, then a spinner for about three seconds, then the Roku Home page is displayed.
The channel has been removed, system restarted, then channel installed again, with no improvement.
Roku support was contacted - all is well on their end, they say, so contact BritBox.
I have a case pending with BritBox support so I should hear more shortly.
I have a regular subscription to BritBox - a check online reveals all is in order with my account and the channel operates just fine via my web browser on the computer.
All other channels on my Roku devices work perfectly well.
Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DebbieS1
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox not launching Aug'22

Britbox had me check several things, updated software, and indicated that their technical team was reviewing about ten times. Eventually they said that it was the Roku device and when Roku updates their software it should work again.  What???????

0 Kudos
flydutch
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox not launching Aug'22

Well, I see I am not the only BritBox customer with channel difficulties on Roku...

I have been dealing with BritBox custome service since early August and tenthousand email threads later they admitted they had a "technical" problem with their channel on Roku devices.  As of last week they are still "working on it".  Roku has washed their hands of this since "they do not develop the channel software".  As of a few days ago, the BritBox software that loads on the Roku is still V.3, Build 499 and will still not launch.  In the meantime, I've burned two trial subscriptions for BritBox, one through Amazon and one through Roku to keep up with some of my programs.  BritBox has also conceded to give me a free month's subscription (so far).  They are great at communications, but suck at tech support.  Love their programming, though - but I refuse to watch it online or on a phone (yuk).

0 Kudos