Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joesif87
Channel Surfer

Bouncing roku logo after episode

My roku stick will show a roku bouncing logo and when I try to watch a show sometimes it will work sometimes it won't it will go straight back to bouncing logo. It can wait  a few minutes or seconds before it bounces. There is no pattern. Just bought it 2 weeks ago my router is new and wifi is perfect on every other device any help please 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bouncing roku logo after episode

Hi @Joesif87,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Could you provide an example movie/episode in which you experience this issue with the bouncing logo? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

How are you powering the Roku?  If you have it plugged into a TV USB port, try plugging it into the AC adapter instead.  Some TVs don't provide quite enough power.

0 Kudos
Joesif87
Channel Surfer

Every streaming channel. It will sit on the home screen for hours it's not til I click a remote button that it will go to the bouncing roku logo. I also did a soft reboot, hard reboot, unplug Everything for an hour and plugged back in and reset my router

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Joesif87 Look at the post by @Strega .  Do you have it powered by a wall outlet???

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joesif87,

Thanks for following up.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? We would also recommend following these steps in order by disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if the Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device is getting past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joesif87
Channel Surfer

It is plugged in to the wall and I will give it a try

0 Kudos
Joesif87
Channel Surfer

Andi have already tried reconnecting network twice so far no difference

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joesif87,

Thanks for the quick response,

If you are still having bouncing logo issues with your Roku device after following these steps in order, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joesif87
Channel Surfer

S00k3256ggje 

Here's my SN 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.