Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countryguy

Bought the Roku SKU# 3821r and now find, one cannot stream Sling TV or Philo directly by an "app"

Jump to solution

Recently bought the Roku SKU# 3821r and now find, one cannot stream SlingTV or Philo directly by an app..

The website for Roku does not list this model - at least by SKU number, nor is the same packaging currently shown - nor are any SKU numbers listed on any products - only names.  The website seems to avoid any "excluded apps" mentioned on the devices.  That is until after one buys the product and them won't let me now download, with my account, to my device.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought the Roku SKU# 3821r and now find, one cannot stream Sling TV or Philo directly by an &quo

Jump to solution

The 3821 is basically the 3820 with a rechargeable remote.  Whatever the reason for not being able to stream Sling TV or Philo it's not because of the model you have.  Where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bought the Roku SKU# 3821r and now find, one cannot stream Sling TV or Philo directly by an &quo

Jump to solution

The 3821 is basically the 3820 with a rechargeable remote.  Whatever the reason for not being able to stream Sling TV or Philo it's not because of the model you have.  Where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos