Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KennanS
Reel Rookie

Bluetooth? Seems to have disappeared from my Roku device.

We often use our phones to find and launch YT videos, but this morning any mention of Bluetooth seems to have disappeared from our Roku settings.

Any clues? Ideas? Tried a restart on both ends, but nothing. Did I miss something?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Bluetooth? Seems to have disappeared from my Roku device.

You didnt mention whether you had a Roku TV or a Roku player, or what model/firmware version.

The only Roku player models that have BT support are the latest Ultras (4800/4801/4802), and even then its only used for incoming audio (outputting audio from a phone/tablet/etc via BT).

Casting YT simply requires a network connection between your phone/device and the Roku, and uses the DIAL protocol to accomplish this.

Try rebooting both devices (Roku and Phone) and see if that resolves it - if it still doesnt, try rebooting your modem/router/gateway device as well.

KennanS
Reel Rookie

No change. Can't find any mention of Bluetooth under settings.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@KennanS, Bluetooth has nothing to do with launching YT videos from your phone; that's not how it works.  It would help to know the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@KennanS 

You still haven't stated your Roku model # or firmware version: Settings/System/About

It's not clear what you are trying to do: Is there some reason you just dont use the Cast function (icon) in YT and cast the YT content via DIAL to your Roku?  Are you trying to play the video portion of the YT content on your phone and the audio portion on your TV/AVR/HTS (via your Roku model # unknown) hence why you are using BT instead of Casting?

It's also not clear what you mean by "BT disappeared from our settings" - if your model is BT-enabled (480x), you can pair a new BT device:  Settings/Remotes & devices/Pair Bluetooth device and after pairing the device will appear in Settings/Remotes & devices/Bluetooth devices  and a BT "app" will appear in your app list- are you saying neither of these menu items/app exists for you, but once did?

Again, you need to provide your model # and firmware version and perhaps answer the questions asked in order to be helped.

0 Kudos

@UserOfStreamers @KennanS My situation is identical to KennanS. I have a Roku TV (7140X), TCL Model 43S421, Software version 11.0.0 *build 4193-30, Device ID NL995E590805 (UserOfStreamers, do you need any more information?) and I've been trying to connect a BT device. The Roku was not "discovering" the device. I tried two or three times (sorry I don't remember the exact number) but after the 2nd or 3rd time, suddenly I was no longer seeing "Bluetooth Devices" under "Remotes & devices" when it was there the first couple of times. I click on "Settings", then "Remotes & devices" and the next thing that comes up is "Set up a new device". NOT "Bluetooth devices. It did come up previously but now it doesn't. I click on "Set up a new device" and it brings up the options to set up Remote, Wireless speakers, Wireless soundbar, or Subwoofer. No mention of BT anywhere. I thought I was losing my mind and searched for 30 minutes trying to find BT and when I ran upon KennanS post I realized it wasn't just me. And I've seen other similar posts too. ALL of us aren't crazy. The BT option is no longer showing. And yes, I have rebooted my TV with no luck. Can anybody help? Thanks.    

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Daddymack69

It looks like you are trying to connect a bluetooth device to your Roku TV. Is your Roku TV connected to a Roku Soundbar and Wireless Speakers?

For more information about devices that are compatible with bluetooth devices, visit our Support page here: Connect a Bluetooth device

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos