Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Block certain commercials

@Tdawgdad  I have 4 kids. Problem is? There is no sense in complaining. You cannot do anything about it. Most 14 year olds are totally aware of sex and everything. I have 2 high schoolers and 2 in college 

0 Kudos
Tdawgdad
Binge Watcher

Great solution...

Wldrnss77
Binge Watcher

Roku needs ad options to help filter ads. The stripper pole scene in Fitbit ad is age related inappropriate but also a matter of what individuals find suitable for themselves and/or their families. I enjoy shows on Roku but seeing this ad repeatedly, not at all.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Wldrnss77 @Tdawgdad  There is no way to filter commercials. Just like there is no way to filter commercials on cable tv or satellite. If your person beliefs are offended by a Fitbit commercial then write Fitbit an email. This is not a Roku issue. Good day 

Wldrnss77
Binge Watcher

Roku controls their advertising content and related options. Thanks for your opinion and attempted help.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Wldrnss77  No Roku does not control it. Just like your cable tv or satellite service do not control the commercials you see. Companies pay to advertise their products. And commercials are geared towards whatever continent you are watching. If you’re watching something that’s rated R or TV 14 or PG you will get commercials according to that age range. If you’re watching something G rated then commercials will be geared towards that. The commercial you speak of will not be seen if you’re watching something rated G. Again if the commercial offend you then take it up with Fitbit not Roku. Most teenagers are fully aware of sex by age 13 in the first place. Fitbit paid Roku for airtime. Roku does not care what the commercial is. It’s Fitbit‘s commercial therefore take it up with them. People will always be offended over anything such as you’re offended over a simple Fitbit commercial. It’s 2022. Not 1940

People lost their minds when J-Lo and Shakira shook their booties on stage during the NFL halftime show. Is the NFL to blame for that? No 

0 Kudos
Wldrnss77
Binge Watcher

We were watching G rated television shows and the ads were not appropriate for a seven-year-old

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Wldrnss77  Exactly what were you watching and what channel was it on? Are you speaking about the Fitbit commercial? You do realize that pole dancing is a form of exercise and it does not specifically pertain to strippers. I’ve seen the Fitbit dad and it does not show a strip club. And if it was in a strip club the woman would’ve been naked in the first place. This is getting very out of control. And I will say this one more time. There is no way to filter commercials on a Roku. If you find a commercial offensive I suggest you take it up with the person who designed the commercial not Roku. Contact the FCC. This is a Roku community.

0 Kudos
Wldrnss77
Binge Watcher

Wow. Crass much? Another rude rant from you is not helpful. Have a nice day.

LetKidsBeKids
Reel Rookie

We just saw this commercial last night and we were watching a Jack Hanna show about wildlife & zoos, it was a very kid friendly show, so we were utterly shocked when this ad came on flashing sexual images at us and our kids.