Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy73
Channel Surfer

Bill O"Reilly Private Channel, DJMMZ5R, Can't Add

Previously I had this channel.  It disappeared February 2022, now I can't add it.  I click "yes" to add and it just sits there, it doesn't go through.  [I am in Korea, but I've had this channel for years.]

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bill O"Reilly Private Channel, DJMMZ5R, Can't Add

@Andy73 

There is a Bill O'Reilly app in the Channel Store.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/7eb85f1f0e5f7767a5ca51991d727627/bill-oreilly

By the way, in October, Roku announced a change to how non-certified apps are handled. The intent was for developers to make apps available for users until the apps were certified and added to the Channel Store. However, many developers simply added apps to the non-certified (Private Channels) repository and never completed coding to standards or submitting for certification for the Channel Store.

Roku finally cracked down and put a 120-day limit on non-certified apps, and limited the number of users of those apps, formalizing a Beta Channel/App process.

Any app that was already in the non-certified repository had 120 days to complete coding to standards and submit for certification. Some did. Most didn't. It looks like O'Reilly did.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Bill O"Reilly Private Channel, DJMMZ5R, Can't Add

Of course this depends on whether the channel owner has configured it to be accessible globally or only in selected countries (won't show in the channel store if not set up for country of user registration).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos