Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ad34754932
Streaming Star

Bally Sports+ on Bally Sports App Playback Error

Bally today release 'Bally Sports+' a Direct to Consumer app.   I loaded the Bally Sports app on my Roku Ultra.   After activating the app from my computer when I tried to watch Brewers vs Cardinals I received a 'Playback Error'.  I loaded the app on my Sony TV and it worked fine.   Is Sports+ not yet supported on Roku?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bally Sports+ on Bally Sports App Playback Error

@ad34754932 

That would be something that Bally would have to answer.

From your end, ensure the app is updated. Yes, you just downloaded it, but do check for updates on the app itself, in case a bug fix rolled out.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@ad34754932 

Bally Sports is supported on Roku, but Bally Sports+ (streaming service) isn't supported yet, and wont be until the Bally Sports app is updated/enabled in mid-July:

"At launch, consumers were able use the new regional sports network (RSN) streaming service on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, iOS, and Android; it is expected to come to Roku devices in mid-July."

https://thestreamable.com/news/bally-sports-plus-launches-on-apple-tv-fire-tv-android-tv-and-more

So, as @DBDukes stated, keep checking for app updates, once the BS+ service login appears within the BS app, you'll be able to stream BS+ on Roku.

gmom316
Reel Rookie

Having exactly the same problem with ALL of our Roku TVs. When we use the Amazon Fire TV, it works. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @gmom316

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please let us know as well the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ordphx
Reel Rookie

I confirmed I am having same problem.  Playback error on Roku.  I'm gonna cancel my Bally Sports Streaming service. Glad it's on a 7 day free trial.   Trial failed.   I may check back in August, since another post here said that the Roku bug may be fixed mid July.    Or I may just watch baseball and alot of other sports on ESPN+ streaming for just 8 bucks per month.  ESPN+ streams great on my Roku TV.

0 Kudos
ordphx
Reel Rookie

Your Bally Sports Streaming doesn't work on Roku TVs.    I also subscribed to watch the Milwaukee Brewers (That's in the state of Wisconsin in the United States of America btw), and I also got a Playback Error. ERROR MSG --> "Sorry, we are unable to contact the service right now.  Please, try again later."  <eof>

0 Kudos
gmom316
Reel Rookie

p.s. update, I'm not sure where the "mid-July" thing came from (and it may very well be correct) but, I reached out to Bally Sports today and was told they do not have a launch date for ROKU compatibility. Boo hiss!

0 Kudos
madiscientist
Reel Rookie

August 9: still waiting. This could take months.

From the Bally sports FAQ:

"The full launch is slated for Fall 2022 and will include all Bally Sports NBA and NHL team partners."

0 Kudos
AJ414

Get Google Chromecast.  Bally app works for local games.

0 Kudos