Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxi1

Badly positioned commercials

I really wish whomever does the programming for commercial breaks would find better timing instead of inserting a commercial in the middle of a sentence and every few minutes!

4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Badly positioned commercials

Commercial breaks inserted into content is under control of the content provider. Unless you're referring to The Roku Channel, Roku themselves have no control over that. If you have a specific channel it's happening with, you need to reach out to them to discuss. If it is TRC, then make sure you say that here, so the moderators understand you're referring to their channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Couldn’t agree more! In reference to another reply, we’re commenting specifically about the Roku channel itself, not their other accessible content. 
Commercial breaks are all over the place in terms of where and when they’re inserted but cutting away in the middle of a sentence is the most maddening! They cannot possibly be unaware of the problem, and since literally everything these days is software driven, it seems like an easy enough fix. Bet they won’t bother though!

Strega
Roku Guru

You may be right.  I’ve read that the channel is very popular so they probably see little reason to change.  It has way too many commercials for me, so I don’t watch it.  Fortunately, there are plenty of other apps on Roku.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

It's possible that Roku is using a 3rd party provider (such as Pluto) for some of their TRC material. If so, I do know that Pluto is not very good at inserting the commercials where the media editor planned for their insertion. I see the same thing happen on the content that LG and Samsung provide on their IPTV channels, which are almost all provided by Pluto. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.