Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streambar, iPlayer not available on your device

Jump to solution

@Clare 

There are other threads on this. Here's the main one. It's long and rambles.

The upshot is that BBC issued an app update recently that appears to contain a flaw in the code. The flaw stops the app from working on certain devices. That's because it's up to the developers to code which devices are allowed to use the app. It seems BBC made a boo-boo and has yet to acknowledge it.

Roku has asked for data from those with the issue so they can better convince BBC to fix their code.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
malc_p
Reel Rookie

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

Can I just add, "Us too"? Roku Express 4k, was working yesterday and earlier this evening, now getting the "Sorry, this application is not currently available on this device".

Someone's fouled up bigtime...

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi, both my mother and myself are experiencing the very same issue.    Its the 3940EU for goodness sake, its one of the latest current devices. 

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just wanted to add that my daughters 3820EU is unaffected and works fine.   I too can't see the 3840EU on the bbc's website, have the pulled support for some reason?

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

can i recommend you contact the bbc on 

Contact BBC iPlayer Help | iPlayer help

I selected the following:-

Iplayer > UK > Report a Problem > Something Else > Connected TV > Now TV/Roku > Continue and then filled in the forms.

Hope this helps, the more the merrier i say!

Ant42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just adding my voice to those with this issue.  I have the same problem on my Roku Streaming Stick 4K, which I think is the latest version, purchased in January this year.  iPlayer was working fine last night, but not this evening, same problem as everyone else in this thread.

However, I also have an older Roku Streaming Stick Plus, bought a few years ago, and iPlayer us still working on that.

Looking at the version of the app in the store, it appears to be dated yesterday:

Version: 3.4.105000076 Jun 6, 2022

So I guess they updated it today and broke it?

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

probably, but worth reporting it to add a little pressure to them getting it fixed.

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

@mary 

Model 3820EU

Software 11.0.0, build 4193-CU

Serial Number:  X01700JVEEW5

Device ID: S092419VEEW5

ID W5-227-322

BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds applications.  No access to either since the update on 7 June 2022.  On-screen message, "Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device."

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

Model 3820EU, 2021 Model Streaming Stick 4K Dolby Vision

Software 11.0.0, build 4193-CU

Serial Number: X01700JVEEW5

Device ID: S092419VEEW5

ID W5-227-322

BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds applications. No access to either since the update on 7 June 2022. On-screen message, "Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device."

0 Kudos
Ant42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reported, thanks for the link!

0 Kudos