Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer app not working for the last 2 days

Jump to solution

@Jonnyl82

Thanks for the post.

Did you make sure to restart your device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back again?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonnyl82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

yes, completely turned off, even removed the plug for 10 minutes before switching on again

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jonnyl82,

Thanks for the note.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach BBC iPlayer support here 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sianamyp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any luck on fixing this? I’m having the same issue! 

0 Kudos
Jonnyl82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

None, all they want to do is blame bbc when it’s clear it’s a problem their end as none of the apps work

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jonnyl82 can you clarify what you mean by "none of the apps work"? Are you saying that no channel on your Roku works correctly? What is the model number of your Roku? Where are you located? What specific channels are not working correctly?

If a problem is with a specific channel (such as iPlayer), then it is the responsibility of the channel provider (in this case BBC) to resolve it.  If you're having issues with multiple channels, we need more information.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jonnyl82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please read the rest of the thread I started, all the answers to your questions are on there. Your ‘experts’ blame the apps rather then the Hisense Tv

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

If you've created a different thread with your issue(s), you shouldn't bring them up here. You're going to get those sorts of questions.

Looking higher up on this thread you posted "netflix, Disney and Amazon prime are all fine." OK, your Roku and your Internet connection is working fine. So the problem is with iPlayer. As mentioned, that's a BBC problem. Roku does not create channels for 3rd party providers. So no, there's nothing Roku can do to resolve a problem with a channel that isn't theirs. And if your problem is with your Hisense TV, it's still out of Roku's control. They don't make the TVs, they just license the operating system to the TV manufacturer.

Dan

0 Kudos
Jonnyl82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also mentioned it for itv hub, my 5 and 4. Am I to believe that it is all their problems? And not an issue with Roku

atc98092

Jump to solution

I have no idea whose channels those are, as I suspect you aren't located in the US. I can't find them in the US channel store. From what I could find online, they do appear to be UK based. 

It's entirely possible that all three companies use the same developers for their Roku channel, so yes it's possible that the channels are responsible. Since you aren't having issues with the other channels, it does tend to point to problems with those specific channels. If there were issues with the Roku OS causing your problems, then it would likely cause problems with every channel, or at least every channel that uses a particular function. 

I'm assuming you've already tried these steps, but I'll repeat them again. Remove the problem channel(s), reboot the Roku (absolutely critical step, don't skip). After the Roku reboots, then add the channel(s) back in and see if the issue goes away. 

Dan

0 Kudos