Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adwissler
Streaming Star

Autoplay YouTube Videos with Sound

Jump to solution
My Roku Premiere 3920X used to autoplay YouTube videos with sound, but not anymore. How can I get my Roku to autoplay YouTube videos with sound?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Autoplay YouTube Videos with Sound

Jump to solution

@adwissler 

The 3920 is 4K/HDR-capable and has the 4K/HDR-capable version of YT, so it should have the newer UI.

You are going to need to press this with Google - make sure you directly contact them and explain in detail the issue (you are missing the newer/more capable UI with sound/speed/etc settings).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Open YT/Settings/Previews with Sound=on

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Where is this? I went into YouTube on my Roku, and then Settings, and I see Autoplay, but not Preview with Sound. I have version web_2020221_10_RC00.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What firmware version do you have?  Settings/System/About (version+build)

What YT app version do you have?  Highlight YT app/Options (*) (version+build)

From checking, it appears that YT app version 2.20.93005147 (for non-4K/HDR models) does not have the preview sound control functionality, so if you have that version, that may be why.

The 3920 is a 4K/HDR model, and should have 2.21.94005088 (for 4K/HDR models) which does have the preview sound control functionality.

You should contact Roku/Google about this YT version issue for the 3920.

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have Roku firmware version 10.5.0 build 4208-91 and YouTube version 2.21 build 94005088, and I still have this problem. Is there any way this can be fixed?
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @adwissler

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to YouTube's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their app that may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

You can contact them here: YouTube Help

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@adwissler 

The 3920 is 4K/HDR-capable and has the 4K/HDR-capable version of YT, so it should have the newer UI.

You are going to need to press this with Google - make sure you directly contact them and explain in detail the issue (you are missing the newer/more capable UI with sound/speed/etc settings).

0 Kudos
adwissler
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
To Whom It May Concern: Thank you very much. Your information is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos