Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vgastelum

Apps i try to open say they need to be updated

I have tried to open my Amazon prime app and Hulu to log in and use and both kick me out and say i need to check for a software update but when i go to update it says its up to date...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps i try to open say they need to be updated

Did your Roku recently get updated to Roku version 11.5? 

Roku operating software version is in the process of updating from version 11.0 to 11.5, for individual Roku installation by individual Roku installation, with a schedule known only to Roku. If you have multiple Rokus, they may not become eligible for the update at the same time, even if they are the same Roku model.

Roku menu path Settings > System > System update will show you your current Roku version number. Down in the lower left corner of this screen it will also show you when your last update was installed.

A new release sometimes creates problems that must be addressed. If you are having a new problem with your Roku, does its beginning coincide with your installation date?

In past major Roku updates, I've found that updating the Roku software may not automatically update all channel apps that have new versions to accommodate the Roku update. Manually running an additional update check as soon as you receive the Roku update can make sure you have the latest versions of all your channel apps and prevent many update-related problems (Settings > System > System update > Check now).

Despite having had access to the Roku update as it was being developed, some channels may take a few more days for their developers to issue needed updates, so a manual update check as mentioned above to catch any more recent updates is always a good first step when running into specific channel problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos