Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVTont
Reel Rookie

Apps are different on Roku TV

I'm trying to watch Live TV via the ITV, 4oD, and BBC iPlayer apps on my Roku TV but there is no Live TV option on them. Yet on my phone and Roku streaming device, the apps have a Live TV option.

Why are the apps' functions on Roku TV different to the apps' functions on other devices?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Apps are different on Roku TV

Is the TV on the same Roku account as the other Rokus?  If these player apps have or allow logging in, have you done so?  Quite a few apps that I have seen reserve "live TV" to logged in users.

0 Kudos
TVTont
Reel Rookie

@Strega Yeah, everything is logged into using the same accounts. The apps have my "continue watching" options and history etc, just no "Watch Live" function in the menu as they do in the apps on my phone and Roku box.

0 Kudos
markmaythekille
Reel Rookie

I’m having trouble too it’s outdated and they haven’t updated the app there is a new itv hub app on fire stick and it lets you use itv hub live on your tv

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@markmaythekille 

Roku doesn't build the apps. iTV would have built it, or contracted a company to build, the iTV app. They, not Roku, control the functions. They control the updates. They are the ones responsible for the app. You should reach out to them.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos