Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenMonkey

Re: AppleTV won't play "Video Not Available"

Jump to solution

It worked!!  Same as others - slightly different wording.  Thank you so, so much!!

0 Kudos
SJH134

Jump to solution

That worked.  I find it so strange that the audio setting would affect the Apple playback, but, it worked and I'm grateful.  I'd love to know WHY it worked....might provide insight into future issues with just about any app conflict.  Thank you for posting this solution.

TerriWC

Jump to solution

This worked for me. I’d never had figured that.

EJBiel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This truly works but on my Roku it is slightly different 

resolve the issue by changing the audio settings on the Roku in Settings > Audio > digital output format> Stereo 

PBGator
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That audio switch solved the issue for me. Now Apple plus is back to playing like it used to. Thanks

Jeljo

Jump to solution

I’ve been having this same issue with trying to stream Apple TV on Roku, and changing the audio settings from Auto to Stereo resolved the issue for me. Thank you for the post!

0 Kudos
Fritomnky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express hooked up to a projector, and I get zero audio from it on 2 different shows, and the majority of the rest of the shows gives me the error message like above.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Fritomnky,

Thanks for sharing this concern with us.

May we know if you're referring to the Apple TV app just like the others on this thread or if this is completely a different channel/s you're having issues with? If so, would you mind naming a few? Also, have you tried changing the audio settings? This fix somehow sorts out issues with playback and audio, so we recommend trying this one. We'll need more details to provide an accurate resolution as possible.

Kindly keep us informed.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TinaCrabtree
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue. Saw earlier reply to change audio settings from auto to stereo. It worked. I was on phone with Apple last night & they couldn't help me. Told me to contact Roku, but in support it says no agent available to assist...  Anyway, try changing the audio settings. It worked for me.

Fritomnky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I figured out it’s the settings in the Roku program that need to be changed, not in Apple TV app lol. So It works great now!!!

0 Kudos