Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyinace2000
Binge Watcher

AppleTV - Video Not Available

Jump to solution

Often my AppleTV app will give me an error “Video Not Available”.  Sometimes playing a different show will work sometimes it won’t.  Sometimes if i try AirPlaying the show from my iPad to the Roku (which works 99% of the time) then stop AirPlay I can then use the built in AppleTV app to watch the show.  

• I’ve deleted the app, restarted, and reinstalled.  No change to the symptoms.
  • I’ve tried disabling PiHole, not change
  • Equipment/Setup 
    • Roku is 4670x/Ultra from 2019.
    • TV is a Panasonic Plasma ST30 (55”)
    • AVR is Pioneer.
    • 1080P 5.1 setup
    • Rokue is set to 1080p (not auto-detect)

Apple support was no help.  Said it could be some issue with “HDMI’ settings but wouldn’t give details.  

Any ideas???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
testuser
Reel Rookie

Re: AppleTV - Video Not Available

Jump to solution

I had the "Video Not Available" issue and fixed it by changing the audio settings on the Roku. In Settings>Audio>HDMI, I switched from "Auto detect" to "PCM-Stereo" and the videos started playing fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
testuser
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the "Video Not Available" issue and fixed it by changing the audio settings on the Roku. In Settings>Audio>HDMI, I switched from "Auto detect" to "PCM-Stereo" and the videos started playing fine.

Jump to solution

Amazing! After a ton of struggle and a wasted hour on the phone with Apple, this solved the problem! Thank you for posting.

0 Kudos