Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivanahtannica
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV won't sign in - gives "Verification Failed" with known-working Apple ID login

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Just wonderful. Apple told me to contact you because it’s only a Roku issue and they can’t do anything, and you tell me to contact Apple because it’s their issue and you can’t do anything. Why am I not surprised?

stevet444
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV won't sign in - gives "Verification Failed" with known-working Apple ID login

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R   I was told by 3 different Roku employees via Chat that it’s a Roku issue and I would be notified via email when a solution is available.  Case ID C8-466-794.  

DLP100
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I am experiencing with a new 3820x on Apple TV plus. 

I only have a Sign In with Remote, no Sign in on Mobile Device.  Never gives me a 2FA prompt - just immediate Verification Failed ... didn't even give me a chance.”

DLP100
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a 3810X and wanted a spare remote. The 3820X was on sale for Black Friday. When it arrived, I discovered there is a speed difference between the two Roku devices. As such, I replaced my 3810X with a 3820X. During set-up for Apple TV+ (a new subscription), I was not given the QR code option to authenticate with a mobile device. The only option was "Sign In with Remote." I tried Sign In with Remote more than 20 times and each time it failed to authenticate with an error message:

"Verification Failed"

"There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again"

Many times, I uninstalled the app, cleared the cache, rebooted the Roku, and installed the app again. Each time, it failed in the exact same way.

I went to another 3810X and opened the Apple TV+ app. It immediately gave me a QR code and I registered successfully.

I replaced the 3810X with the old device and opened the Apple TV+ app. It immediately gave me a QR code and I registered successfully.

The software version on both 3810X devices is: 11.5.0 - Build 4235-50
The software version on the new 3820X device is: 11.5.0 - Build 4235-CU

tinplane

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem with a brand new Roku TV.  If there is no solution I'll just return it.  i assume it has something to do with two part authentication, but my screen looks just like yours.  There is no where to enter a code, if one where sent.  Also, No where is there a spot to sign in with apple.com/activate on another device.  

samlii

Jump to solution

Just want to add that I have the same issue.  I am trying to upgrade to the latest stick, but apple tv won't login.  I also don't get the option to sign in with mobile like on my older 4k stick.  Let's hope somebody figures something out and that someone takes responsibility for it.

@HDMIGuy do you have 2 factor on your apple account?

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@samlii I do have two factor 

ValHi
Reel Rookie

Apple TV: No option to sign in on mobile device; verification fails when signing in on remote

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku 4K stick (3820X).

When I try to sign in on Apple TV, there is no option to sign in on a mobile device like there has been on every other Roku device I've owned.

3-Apple-TV-app-Roku-sign-in.jpg

20221125_181135.jpg

So I attempted to sign in with my Roku remote, and it keeps telling me "Verification Failed." I think the problem here is that Apple uses 2 factor authentication. When you sign in with a remote versus mobile browser, there's no way to do 2FA.

I've done all the troubleshooting suggested here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Apple-TV-channel-Login-Failure/td-p/515599

billman71
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV: No option to sign in on mobile device; verification fails when signing in on remote

Jump to solution

Me too.  They probably just need to update the software for that model to support 2 factor.

ryanjay2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also just purchased a new 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K and receive the "There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again" when I try to sign in to Apple T

I have followed all troubleshooting steps and nothing works.

Similar to others, I only have the option to sign in via remote with no QR code or or sign in on mobile device option.

Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4325-CU

I'm assuming nobody has found a solution yet?

0 Kudos