Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

@horchata wrote:

Anyone end up having any luck getting Apple TV app to work on a TCL TV? (I have 7101X).

I'm pretty sure it worked for us in the fall (I remember my boyfriend watching The Mandalorian) but haven't been able to log in for several weeks, just get the "verification failed" message. Everything's been updated, restarted, cache cleared a dozen times. Apple ID works on several other devices. Every other Roku app works. Help! 

The Mandalorian is Disney+, not Apple TV. But I did just test Apple TV on my Sharp Roku TV and it worked fine. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
hobart9579
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you ever get this working? I’m experiencing the same thing. Works on every one of my Roku TVs except one. That one, of course, happens to be the one in my bedroom when we watch most of our shows. Beyond frustrating. I’m using my phone now with a lightening adapter to stream it. Pathetic!

0 Kudos
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has to do with the authentication needed for HDR. Somehow the Roku -Apple tv authentication for HDR is failing. The easiest solution is to turn it off. The correct solution would be for apple to fix the issue, but good luckgood finding a developer that recognizes and resolves this issue. 

0 Kudos
TomDC16

Can’t sign in to Apple TV app on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on TCL Roku TV.   I am getting the same error message about verification error.   I removed the App, restarted and reinstalled but still the same error.  The software is up to date as of 7/17.     

I was able to Successfully sign in to AppleTV App on Roku stick on much older Samsung TV.  

0 Kudos
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For the person with the LG TV, change your tv settings to use the ultra HD for the HDMI port receiving your Roku feed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t sign in to Apple TV app

Jump to solution

@TomDC16 @hobart9579 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID 
-OS version and build 
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version and build (found by selecting the channel in the Home screen and pressing *)
-what kind of error are you experiencing? can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing?

With this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to take a closer look into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Desi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m sad to see this was in 2019....It’s 8/20/20 and I’m having the same problem!

0 Kudos
Desi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Didn’t work.

0 Kudos
Desi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m using a Roku 3 4200x and I still can’t sign in...don’t think my LG has anything to do with it...right?

0 Kudos
someitguy

Jump to solution

Not working on a roku TCL 65in from 2017

0 Kudos