Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kutty
Channel Surfer

Re: how can i get Apple tv+ on my roku?

Jump to solution

i have a older model,Roku stick!

0 Kudos
kutty
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ok so if i buy a ,Roku 3600 stick model,i can get Apple tv?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kutty wrote:

i have a older model,Roku stick!

That's still not enough information. Roku has sold numerous models of the Stick. The oldest models don't support it. It might be supported on the 3600, but that Stick is also getting quite old and I wouldn't recommend getting something so old. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@kutty wrote:

i can't get Apple tv+ on my roku app?

ROKU MODELS SUPPORTED BY APPLE TV
(Check your Roku model number via Settings > System > About)
List current as of September 14, 2020 - See Source link below for any updates.
Source: https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

DEVICE NAME              MODEL NUMBER(S)
 Roku TV                  7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X, 6000X 
 Roku Smart Soundbar      9101X
 onn™ Roku Smart Soundbar 9100X
 Roku Express             3900X, 3930X
 Roku Express+            3910X, 3931X
 Roku HD                  3932X
 Roku Streaming Stick     3600X, 3800X
 Roku Streaming Stick+    3810X, 3811X
 Roku Premiere            3920X, 4620X
 Roku Premiere+           3921X, 4630X
 Roku Ultra               4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X 
 Roku Ultra LT            4662X
 Roku 2                   4205X, 4210X
 Roku 3                   4200X, 4230X

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
torrlisand67
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4

Jump to solution
I was trying to take a picture of my room 4 settings which clearly states 4k hdr 2.2 help 60Hz . Going to attempt to add photo of settings.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4

Jump to solution

@torrlisand67 wrote:
I was trying to take a picture of my room 4 settings which clearly states 4k hdr 2.2 help 60Hz . Going to attempt to add photo of settings.

The Roku 4 has never and will never support HDR. It's lacking the hardware to offer it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
JoeCommenter
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4 reason for exclusion

Jump to solution

I was getting ready to add Apple TV through Roku and found out it is not available for my Roku 4 (4400X) and the most often cited reason was the lack of HDR capability on the Roku 4. However, I noticed that Apple TV is not only available on later Roku devices (such as Ultra) but is available on older devices such as Roku 2 and Roku 3. Those devices don't support 4K, so they don't support HDR. So it would seem that there would be a different reason that the Roku 4 was excluded.

I've got a couple of Roku 3 devices and a non-4K TV that I can stream Apple TV on, or I can upgrade to an Ultra. I was just curious about the Roku 4 exclusion and the HDR reason didn't make total sense.

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Re: Apple TV+ on Roku 4 reason for exclusion

Jump to solution

Apple never gave any reason why they didn't put it on the Roku 4. My speculation is that the Roku 4 has a different architecture from any other Roku and wasn't that popular due to the fan which eventually becomes rather noisy(we had 3 Roku 4, one of the fans became unbearably loud) if it is constantly on which in some places there is no choice or it will overheat.

I mean think about it, there are no other Roku devices with the same or similar internals, no other Roku devices that are even that size. The Roku Ultra took the same shape but that has completely different hardware inside of it. 

again, this is Apple. the only way we will see Apple TV on the Roku 4 is if enough people demand it and since it has yet to appear I'm going to take a guess that not enough people have. 

My Advice. if you can afford to do so upgrade to a Roku Ultra, then reset the Roku 4 and give it to someone that you know would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
UncleNine
Roku Guru

Re: Apple TV App (Service) and Roku

Jump to solution

THREE YEARS and still not available on 4.  What a crock of doodoo.  How in the world does this happen?  I have 3's and 4's.  I got the 7 day trial and set it up on a 3.  Fine.  Then I went to watch the game on my 4, having NO idea that Apple has disrespected Roku for ALL THIS TIME.  After the game is over, I'm  cancelling the trial as quickly as my clicks will happen.  I just do not believe this.  I hope Apple TV+ goes away very soon.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Apple TV App (Service) and Roku

Jump to solution

The Roku 4 (4400) is a standalone model, meaning that it is the only one that ever used a specific silicon-on-chip (SoC) processor. Roku wasn't pleased with the results and never used that processor again. It's the only 4K Roku player that doesn't support HDR. There are likely hardware reasons Apple (among others) hasn't supported the Roku 4. The 4400 is now almost 7 years old, and is old tech today.

Dan

0 Kudos